I Just Don't Feel Like Caring No More (Edited)

Nikki

  I stared into Nevaeh’s frightened eyes as she looked around the room trying to find a way out. She looked up at Draco and locked eyes with him. I knew she was entering his mind to have a private chat with him so I turned to Mr. Voldywart and saw he was looking at Nevaeh, as if he was trying to break down the disguise that was on her.

  I smirked, “I told you it was Nevaeh.”

  Voldywart looked at me and smiled his gross smile that made me think of a pedophile, “I still have no proof that she is Nevaeh, she looks like someone else completely.”

  I smiled and pulled out my wand, diminishing her disguise without her knowing about it. Her blond hair grew in length by three inches, her pale skin lighten a little bit and her green eyes turned to their normal gray blue. Her clothes stayed the same, but now she looked like Nevaeh Marie Malfoy, no longer River Lannie Nightengale.

  Voldywart smiled and threw his head back in laughter. It ricocheted off the walls and it was loud. I flinched and had to force myself not to bend over and grip my ears to silence the sound.

  Voldywart turned to me with his freak pedophile smiled, “Good work, Nikki, I believe you are on my side now. Your first mission to fully prove your loyalty is to help Draco with his mission. Succeed and you will be fully welcomed into our group and-”

  “No!” Nevaeh screamed. I looked at her and saw fire in her eyes. She got to her feet shakily, pushing Draco off of her and lunged at me. Before she could slam into me she dropped to the floor screaming. I looked around and saw that Voldywart had his wand pointed at Nevaeh an evil smile playing on his lips.

  I heard footsteps coming up the stairs and the door being thrown open. People started to gather around us and Nevaeh’s screams only got louder.

  Draco pushed through the crowed and flung himself in front of Nevaeh’s flailing body. Voldywart lowered his wand and looked Draco in the eyes, “Move, boy, this is your sister’s punishment and her’s alone it shall be.”

  Draco shook his head and continued to block Nevaeh from sight. Narcissa pushed her way through the crowed after seeing her daughter and son in front of the Dark Lord. She looked up at him with a warning glare, “Leave my daughter alone.”

  Voldywart looked at Narcissa and laughed, “Get out of my way, woman. Your daughter must be punished for her acts.”

  Narcissa shook her head and put a protective hand on Draco and Nevaeh. Tears started to swell in my eyes as I watched this loving mother with her two beloved children. This was something I never had, neither did Harry. “It is not your place to punish my children. That is my place. Nevaeh left the family, therefore she is none of your concern, however, she is mine.”

  I blinked the tears out of my eyes as anger started to take over. Draco and Nevaeh had what I always wished for. A loving mother that cared and protected them from harm.

  Voldywart laughed at Narcissa’s attempt to defend her children and again he tried to get her to move, “She might have told someone of the things she knows about us. She lied to everyone in this room.”