They Knew? (Edited)

Nevaeh

 It seemed like everything I had worked so hard to keep from everyone was coming undone. I tried to keep Nikki from knowing, she knows. I tried to keep Draco from knowing, he knows. I've tried just so hard and now look, half my friends know. The whole Weasley family knows! In the beginning it was supposed to be just Mrs. Weasley, Ron, Mr. Weasley, and Ginny, but of course Ginny just had to tell Fred and Fred had to tell George, and we all know the twins have a big mouth.

  Now I'm in a house with only two people left unknowing. This was bound to go wrong. Harry and Hermione liked me, sure, but I'm not Nevaeh. I'm River, the girl who showed up a week after their best friend had been lost. Who wormed her way into their best friends spot because she was friends with Ron. Who has so many things in common with their best friend, she's just a constant reminder. Sure they were nice to me, but I wasn't me.

  Now I sit in Ron's room waiting for him to come up. I had my knees up to my chest and I knew I couldn't go down stairs. Everyone knew, everyone except Harry and Hermione. If I went down there Fred and George would look at me knowing my secret. Harry and Hermione would be suspicious and then want to know everything. I just wasn't ready for it.

  Ready for my friends to find I was alive and be mad. Ready for them to hate me. Ready for them to never want to talk to me again.

  Ready to lose everything I worked so hard to build up.

  Ready... to lose the love of my life.

  In truth, the love of Nevaeh's life is Harry. The love of River's life is Ethan.

  I'm just waiting for everything to fall apart and lose everyone. That's what was going to happen, and in all truth, I was scared.

  I had just laid down on Ron's bed breathing in the scent of him when he came in.

  "Okay, I know I should be happy to have a girl in my bed, but I know you’re not in the best frame of mind so... get off my fucking bed."

  "Language," I said smiling as I sat up. "Besides, I bet you’re getting a boner just looking at me in your 'fucking bed'." I said mocking him. Ron and I always fooled with each other like this. We got closer over the past few months because I was able to be myself with him. If we didn't view each other as brother and sister we would probably be falling for each other.

  "Yep, my dick is getting bigger by the moment," Ron said sarcastically. "Now really, get off my bed we're going for a walk."

  I sighed and fell back onto the bed, "But I don't want to go for a walk!"

  "Suck it up." Ron said leaning over me.

  I smiled and licked my lips, "Ron? Have you ever wondered what it would be like to kiss me?"

  Ron had a wondering look on his face but nodded, "Yeah... Have you? Thought about kissing me, I mean?"

  I bit my lip and nodded. "Do you think we should, you know, try it?"

  Ron thought about it then smiled, "If you want to."

  I nodded. I knew there would be no feelings but I wanted to try. Ron smiled down at me and leaned down. Slowly he pressed his lips to mine. I leaned up to him and pressed my lips harder to his. Ron's hands curled around me pulling me closer to him. I wrapped my arms around his neck, pulling him closer to me, too.

  Harry and Hermione decided to walk in at that moment.

  We jumped apart and looked at our friends. I tried to swallow around the lump in my throat but I couldn't.

  It was Ron who spoke up, "Hermione, Harry, what's up?"

  Hermione stood there gaping at Ron and glaring at me. Harry was just staring at me like I just slapped him in the face. "How could you do this to us, Nevaeh?"

  I looked at Harry stunned. He knew? "You knew?"

  He nodded and then looked at Ron, "You knew and yet you didn't tell me? Your own best mate?"

  Ron and I stood there gaping at Harry and Hermione. "I-you-"

  "And what's worse you were kissing her!" Hermione shrieked.

  "Guys-"

  Harry looked at me with sad eyes, "I understand not telling us, protecting us, but kissing him? Dating Ethan?"

  "Harry, listen, I love you still. So much, but I needed to keep up a facade so you wouldn't be harmed. Please, believe me. Ron and I was only kissing because he's the only one I was able to be myself around, no secrets or anything."

  "Yeah, and I was only kissing her because I felt bad for her." Ron said. I shot him a glare and he smiled, "It's true."

  I knew it wasn't.