We Still Have a Job To Do (Edited)

Dear Pineapple Pals,

  This is the last chapter. It's short because it’s the last scene, with Harry on the Astronomy Tower. I didn't want to write about Dumbledore on the ground dead or his funeral. There are just something’s I can't write.

  It's a tragic because this is the end. I will post the Epilogue soon, I promise, but you should know, it is the end. This story is almost complete. It will be strange not planning out what will happen in this story anymore, but you can look forward to another Harry Potter Fanfic, it just won’t be anything like this at all. Again I'm sorry, so here's the last chapter. I will try to get the Epilogue up as soon as I can.

  I love you all!

Love,

  KyoSilvaria
______________________________________________________________________________

Harry
  I stood on top of the Astronomy Tower looking out over the Black Lake standing next to Nikki. Hermione and Ron were talking behind us just out of earshot. Nikki had been crying all morning since she woke up. She was still upset about what happened with Draco. She said she had seen him fleeing the halls, but he didn’t even see her.
  She turned to me then, “Do you think he would’ve done it? Draco?”
  I shook my head and looked at her, “No. He was lowering his wand. In the end, it was Snape. It was always Snape. And I did nothing.”
  Nikki watched me as I turned to look out at the water. Hermione came beside me then and took the locket from me. “Strange. Thinking this is a piece of Voldemort’s soul.”
  Nikki smiled, “Yeah, strange. Only it’s not. It’s a fake.”
  Hermione looked at us confused and I nodded, “Go on. Open it.”
  Hermione opened the locket and removed a piece of parchment that had been folded in a square. She unfolded it and read aloud, “‘To the Dark Lord. I know I will be dead long before you read this but I want you to know that it was I who discovered your secret. I have stolen the real Horcrux and intend to destroy it as soon as I can. I face death in the hope that when you meet your match, you will be mortal once more. R.A.B’” Hermione looked up at us confused, “R.A.B?”
  Nikki and I shrugged, “Don’t know.” I said. “Whoever they are, they have the real Horcrux. Which means, it was a waste. All of it.”
  I looked out back to the water when I felt a hand on my shoulder. I looked and saw Demon standing behind me smiling, “Everything will be alright, Harry.”
  I nodded, “I’m not coming back, guys.”
  Nikki smiled, “Nor am I.”
  Demon smiled too, “We figured.”
  “Nikki and I have to finish what Dumbledore started. I’m not sure where that will lead us, but I’ll let you guys know where we are-when we can.” I said turning to look at them.
  “I’ve always admired your courage, Harry, but sometimes you’re really thick.” Hermione said and Demon nodded in agreement with her.
  I looked at them in surprise. “You don’t honestly think you can find all those Horcruxes by yourself, do you?” Demon said looking between Nikki and me.
  Nikki was the one to respond, “Yeah, we do. Just do us a favor though? When we’re around, keep the snogging to a minimum, Hermione. That goes for you too, Harry and Demon.”
  Hermione snorted, “Like that’s going to happen.
  I smiled, “I’ll try, Nikki.”
  “No guarantees.” Demon agreed with me.
  We all turned too looked out at the water than, when Hermione asked, “Do you think we’ll ever come back?”
  “I don’t know.” I replied to her truthfully.
  We all stood there silently, no one saying a word, watching the sun setting over the Black Lake.