She's Evil, and I'm Her Counter Part (Edited)

Nikki

  Snape glowered at me and said, “Because, Nikki, you two are each other’s counterparts.”

  I gasped and Nevaeh started laughing, “She’s too weak to be my counterpart. Besides, Draco is my counterpart.”

  I looked from Draco to Harry then back to Snape, “How could we be each other’s counter parts, and how do you know?” I asked still shocked.

  Snape looked between Nevaeh and me and sighed, “I don’t know how you two are each other’s counterparts, all I know is I figured it out last night. Only your counterpart can deflect your powers. Draco could never escape from Nevaeh’s Dream Walking, he could hide things but never pull himself out of her mind completely they were always connected. Last night, Nikki, you deflected Nevaeh’s trap, pulling out completely. You shouldn’t have been able to do that, only her counterpart could do it, and in doing so you can now read her mind, which you’ve never been able to do before, but now you can. Nevaeh shouldn’t have been able to live after you pulled out of her trap. She was using so much power to try to trap you, that pulling out of her mind should have been nearly impossible for you to escape and should have killed her if you had. Instead, here she stands alive, and there you are out of her trap. You are each other’s counterparts, which means, if one of you dies, the other is sure to follow. You cannot live without the other.”

  Nevaeh glared at Snape, her eyes going black, “You’re telling me, that my life is linked to her? If she dies, so do I? That’s bullshit! I cannot be tied to her!”

  I looked at Snape confused, and shook my head, “This can’t be.”

  Snape nodded and then turned to leave, “You feel each other’s pain, even though you don’t know it. You are connected, and there’s nothing you could do about it.” With that he left us standing there dumbfounded.

  “Well, that went well,” Draco said sarcastically.

  Nevaeh turned to glare at him, “Are you kidding me? This is completely insane! I cannot have a weak counterpart that just might get me killed! I need someone strong! Like my brother! Not some scum like her!”

  Draco looked at his sister and sighed, “Nevaeh, I’m not as strong as I seem-”

  “Don’t you dare disgrace our family by saying you’re weaker! You have a job to do! Now do it!” Nevaeh yelled at him.

  She turned on her heels and took off running. Draco stood there looking after his sister then sighed, “I have to go.”

  I watched him walk away as Harry came to stand beside me wrapping his arm around my shoulders. I watched Draco as he left until I could no longer see him. Once he was gone I turned to Harry and wrapped my arms around his waist and buried my face into his chest and broke down crying. I let out all the emotion I had bottled up since last night with Nevaeh that I was too afraid to let out with Draco around. Harry wrapped his arms around me comforting me, rubbing my back as I cried.

  After a few minutes, I pulled away and then said, “Tell no one about this.”

  He nodded and smiled, “Nikki, I’m always here for you if you need me.”

  I nodded my reply then looked at him tears coming back to my eyes, “It was so horrible, Harry. I saw everyone dead. Their necks slit open, the light in their eyes gone, their bodies crumpled on the floor. It was so real, so hard to keep from screaming. Remus, Hermione, Ron, you. Draco was there, blood covered him and-and I was dead and he had killed all of us.” I pressed my face into Harry’s chest again and sobbed letting everything out. Once I knew I was done crying I pulled away. “But I know it wasn’t real. I know it was all a trick, but it was still hard to escape from.”

  Harry nodded and wrapped his arm around me, guiding me back to the Common Room.

I curled up on my bed, tired and exhausted. I curled up in a ball and let the tears take over me once again. I closed my eyes and silently sobbed into my pillow. Soon, I fell asleep and let my dreams take over.

“Stupid.”

  “Weak.”

  “I can’t have a weak counterpart like her!”

  “Draco will never like you, not as long as I’m alive.”

  I covered my ears and screamed at the voice to shut up, but all it did was make the voice louder, “Stupid. Weak. I can’t have a weak counterpart like you! Draco will never like you, not as long as I’m alive.” It repeated.

  I screamed and curled into a ball screaming. The voice started laughing and repeated, “Stupid! Weak! I can’t have a weak counterpart like you! Draco will never like you, not as long as I’m alive! STUPID! WEAK! I CAN’T HAVE A WEAK COUNTER PART LIKE YOU! DRACO WILL NEVER LIKE YOU, NOT AS LONG AS I’M ALIVE!”

  “SHUT UP!” I screamed at nothing. The voice stopped yelling and everything went silent. I looked up and noticed I was alone in my room back at Remus’ place. I stood up looking around. Last time I was here in a dream there were dead bodies all around me.

  I stood up and turned, looking around my room. The voice came back, “You’re so stupid to think you could stand up to me, you are weak, pathetic how could you stand up to someone like me? You don’t deserve to live. Draco can’t even look at you, knowing that if you got the choice you would end everything to end me. His sister. Give up, Nikki, you are nothing. You are weak. You let me creep into your mind when you’re at your most weakest. Stupid. Weak. Pathetic. Useless. Stupid. Weak. Pathetic. Useless. Stupid! Weak! Pathetic! Useless! Get it through your head, Nikki! No one likes you! You let anger control you, and that is your biggest weakness. A weakness you don’t hide to well.” Blood started to appear on the walls, and I felt pain on my arms. I looked and saw cuts being carved into my flesh, forming a word... “Pathetic.” I started to shake as blood dripped from my arms down to the floor. I saw on my other arm the word “Useless” was being carved into my flesh as well. My legs started to burn and ache next. I looked down and saw blood rushing down my legs, cuts carving the word “Stupid” on one leg and “Weak” on the other. I shrank down to my knees as pain resonated up my body. The voice laughed and then shouted, “You are so weak! Draco will never be able to look at you the same way anymore, Nikki!” A shape started to take form in front of me and Nevaeh knelt down to me, “It’s too bad, you were pretty.” She pulled a knife from behind her back and pressed it softly against my right cheek just below my right eye. She gave a smirk, then yanked the blade down cutting my flesh. I gave out a scream as she laughed, “Now, Draco will never look at you’re beautiful face again, Nikki, because it’s no longer beautiful.”

  Nevaeh stood up and walked away not saying another word.

I shot up in bed and looked around. I saw my blankets and pillows were covered in blood. I stood up and screamed. My arms and legs were bleeding and covered in cuts. I raised my hand up to my face and my hand pulled away wet. I looked up and saw Hermione standing in front of me shocked. I stumbled to her, tears running down my face, she pulled me into a hug and I sobbed into her shoulder.

  Hermione shushed me and rubbed my back, then she whispered, “Who did this to you?”

  I pulled away and looked at her, “Nevaeh did it, Hermione, she did it in my dreams.”

  Hermione gasped.