Chapter 53

I run my fingers through my hair, tugging slightly at the roots. Why didn't I tell her? She needs someone right now and she doesn't want me.

I throw myself down on the chair outside Jensen's room and let out a low groan.

Something touches me and when I look up I find Henry's small hands on either of my knees.

"Please don't be sad uncle Spence." His face is red and blotchy from the crying he did when JJ and I fought.

"I'm sorry Buddy, I just-" I stop when the small boy climbs on to the chair beside me and wraps his arms around my neck in the tightest hug he can muster.

"It will be ok." He let's go and smiles in my face, his long hair is stuck to his wet cheeks. I push his hair away and nod.

"I know." I force a smile back at him and he sits down properly on the chair beside me.

We stay there for a bit while JJ's mum head back into the room where Jensen is connected to all of the tubes.

"I'm gonna head off." Tracy's boyfriend kisses her on the cheek then head to Henry. I'm surprised when the small boy flinches as the man raises his hand to ruffle his hair.

Is Henry afraid of him? I look down at his little face which is now turning back to its usual colour.

"I've got to go and find auntie JJ, you go to your mummy and show granddad that magic trick I taught you." I place my hand on the back of Henry's back recalling a few days ago when I showed him how to make a coin disappear. He nods and climbs off of the chair.

I stand and head for the doors JJ walked though a little earlier. "love you uncle Spence." he waves at me while holding his mothers hand and Tracy smiles. I wave back and head into the cafe from earlier.

I head for another set of double doors, but don't find JJ anywhere. "Where the hell has she gone?" I grunt out loud and a nurse passing by frowns.

After a while I decide the last place JJ could be is outside, if not I haven't a clue.

I walk through the automatic doors and out into the parking lot. My eyes move through each of the cars and I spot a small silhouette in the distance.

JJs POV:

I reach the parking lot and sit on a bench. My world is completely crashing down, I'm loosing everything. My father is dying and nobody told me, everybody knew and not one person told me. We don't even know how much time he has left, he could die tomorrow and I spent all of my time avoiding them because they don't like Spencer.

"JJ." His voice sounds from behind me and I can't bring myself to look at his face. "Just leave me Spencer." I say while standing. I don't hear anything, the world is just silent for a few minutes. "Spence?" I ask and my voice breaks.

"I'm here baby." His arms push around my waist and he rests his chin on my shoulder.

"Why didn't you tell me?"

"I didn't know everything, I didn't want to break your heart... again." He squeezes me tighter and no matter how mad I was at him five minutes ago, I can't help but allow him. I need Spencer right now, I need him more than anyone.

We stand staring at a few buildings in the distance, I guess now I'm going to get a lot of time to look at the beautiful city. I don't know why it's so far from everything, but seeing the lights of the city in this way is sort of nice.

The hospital is on top of a small hill and I can tell by the way it looks that it's going to be expensive, I just hope we can pay it.

Spencer's breathing is slow and shallow, after a while I calm and my breathing copies the pattern of his.

His hands rub my stomach as we allow the wind to rock us, the silence is nice and I'm glad that Spencer hasn't broken it with words. The sound of the wind and us breathing together is doing a great job at helping me to feel better.

It begins to rain but we don't shift. Spencer takes off his coat, wraps it around me and then puts his arms back where they were moments ago.

I'm surprised at how sympathetic and nice he's being about the whole thing, about how even though the rain is coming down hard he removed his coat and put it on top of mine. I'm surprised at how he stays silent with his arms around my body, completely soothing the pain in my chest. That's when I knew that Spencer would be my rock.

Super short chapter, but I thought that would be a nice place to finish... sorry!!