Chapter 10

HAPPY NEW YEAR :D

HOPE YOU HAVE A WONDERFUL YEAR AHEAD :)

Chapter 10 is here and it is dedicated to @hope_85 :)

****

“Gratitude- the meanest and most sniveling attribute in the world.”

- Dorothy Parker.

DARYA P.O.V

My legs were literally shaking and I felt cold all over. I gulped and closed my eyes. Why was I so scared? It is just another pack and I have been to so many packs already.

This was once the enemy pack, my wolf reminded and I groaned. Quillon looked at me questioningly and I just faked a smile.

“I can smell your fear” he stated and the smile got wiped from my face.

“I don’t know why I am scared” I said honestly. I really didn’t know why I was so scared. It was very unlike me.

Closing my eyes, I inhaled deeply and soon unfamiliar scents hit my nose- All belonging to Serene Pack wolves.

“I don’t usually get scared” I muttered shaking my head. Nothing scares me anymore. But I didn’t know why the thought of some wolves scared me.

To divert my mind, I stared out of the window to look at the thick tree trunks, green grasses covering the earth. I smiled softly when I saw that but then all of a sudden an image popped in my head. An image, in which, all the trees were burnt and the green grasses were black and dry.

Wincing, I leaned back against my seat which once again had Quillon look at me. He asked something but I didn’t hear it. All I could think about was that image.

It was then I realized why I was so scared. I was scared for the Serene Pack wolves. I was scared that if I lose control, then I would hurt them. I could burn their whole pack down. That is why I was hoping no one would provoke me into losing my temper.

I rubbed my fingers over my forehead and closed my eyes.

Please don’t let that happen. Please don’t, I kept praying to the nature goddess.

“Darya” Quillon snapped and I opened my eyes. “Did you hear anything I spoke in the last five minutes?” he queried and I shook my head. I also realized that he had parked his car at the corner of the road.

“Sorry” I mumbled sheepishly staring at my fingers on my lap. “What did you say?” I demanded looking up at him.

“I wanted to know why you are so scared if you don’t usually get scared?” he asked and I sighed.

“I am fine” I answered softly. “I was just thinking about some stuff…. But I am fine now” I said and flashed him a brilliant smile.

Quillon narrowed his eyes and stared at me suspiciously. His stare, with those dark eyes, was really unnerving and so, I quickly looked away. It was then I spotted some wolves in the middle of the woods, looking at us.

Leaning forward, I narrowed my eyes and stared at them, “My friends” Quillon said when he began driving again.

“All of them?” I queried wide eyes. They were nearly ten-fifteen wolves, who were running on either side of the road.

“I am a very friendly person doll face” Quillon said with a grin and I knew why he used that word, friendly. I just grinned and shook my head when I recalled his outrageous proposal of having sex once and parting away like friends.