Chapter 37

Hi lovelies :D

Sorry, I couldn't update earlier than today. But I had completed this chapter early morning today :( I had some problems while writing this chapter.

Anyway, after a long wait, chapter 37 is here and it is dedicated to @princess143me :D

Another cover given to me by @CharlesMegan :D Thanks a lot! I super love this one because I got a perfect quote for it :D

****

"I claim you as my life mate. I belong to you. I offer my life for you. I give to you my protection, my allegiance, my heart, my soul, and my body. I take into my keeping the same that is yours. Your life, happiness, and welfare will be cherished and placed above my own for all time. You are my life mate, bound to me for all eternity and always in my care."

-Christine Feehan

DARYA P.O.V

Quillon kicked open the door to his house, before walking in with me still in his arms.

"The room" I said before he could settle me down on the couch. Sighing, he nodded and carried me upstairs. Once there, he laid me down on the bed.

"Did they hurt you?" he asked in a serious tone and I shook my head. I felt better... In fact, great!

Quillon obviously did not share the same belief because he was staring at me. As his eyes travelled over my body, I felt the hair on the back of my neck stand up straight. When he was sure there was nothing wrong with me, he turned and picked the bottle from the coffee table.

Swirling, he removed the cap and drank a mouthful.

"I am thirsty too" I stated and he passed me the bottle. Within few seconds, I emptied the bottle. "The game was totally fun" I said breathlessly settling the cap back to its place. "I totally kicked your ass" I chuckled and Quillon scowled at me.

"You cheated" Quillon stated flatly.

"No, I didn't" I scoffed waving a dismissive hand and Quillon cocked an eyebrow, "Okay, maybe once?"

"Once?" It was Quillon who chuckled this time. "The only reason you won is because you cheated."

"Hey, I didn't cheat the last time" I protested strongly.

"So you do agree you cheated?" he asked cocking one perfect dark brow and I pinched my lips. Blast my bigmouth!

At this Quillon let out another low chuckle, "I know you did! No one can beat me without cheating" he said proudly.

"I just did" I grinned proudly and Quillon shot me a 'really' kind of look which wiped my grin. "I did" I said loudly. "The last try I scored was without cheating" I stated and he rolled his eyes.

My mouth dropped open when I realized that he did not believe a word I said. "I did not cheat the last time... I wanted to play fair and square" I said and Quillon nodded. However the amusement in his eyes told me he still thought I cheated.

Fuming, I stood on my knees on the bed and moved closer, so that I could look taller than him when I proved my point. I didn't. He was still an inch or two taller.

"I did cheat the first few times but not the last time" I said firmly.

"Okay, whatever makes you sleep at night" he said with a shrug and I growled vehemently.