Chapter 49

HAPPY REPUBLIC DAY INDIA.

I really thought I couldn't update chapter 49 today, but I could and here it is. This chapter is dedicated to @alicesingh31 :D

****

"Love is a wonderful thing, my dear, but it leaves you wide open for blackmail."

-Jasper Fforde, Lost in a Good Book.

AT EMPEROR PACK...

There was no teacher in the classroom and the noise the students were making was audible to downstairs.

Sister Cecilia, sighed and shot an apologetic smile at the substitute teacher, who smiled back. She sighed in relief. The new teacher didn't really seem friendly to her but the school desperately needed a teacher and he could do fine, just for the moment. Mrs. Winstone, the class teacher, had called her yesterday and had stated that she couldn't make it this week as her father had passed away.

Two days later, the school finally found a sub!

The girls were chatting, giggling while the boys were throwing paper planes and chasing each other.

One little boy collided against Sister Cecilia and she narrowed her eyes at him. His eyes widened when he saw her and he quickly rushed to his seat.

Sister Cecilia entered the classroom, while the substitute teacher stood beside the door.

The class turned silent all of a sudden as the students sat in their respective seats and watched their head mistress with anxious eyes. They have been bad, they knew it but they didn't want to be punished for it!

"Good morning students"

"Good morning Sister" the children chorused gaily.

"As you all know Mrs. Winstone has gone to her native place and is unable to take your classes, a new teacher has come and he will be taking your classes for the next few days" Sister Cecilia said cheerfully.

The students groaned in complain and Sister Cecilia frowned at them.

"Just this week and next week, Mrs. Winstone will be back" she said and the students groaned louder. Sister Cecilia rolled her eyes, well-aware that these were not exactly good news for students.

Shaking her head she turned to look at the substitute teacher who smiled at her.

"Alright class let me introduce to you, your new teacher" she said and the substitute teacher entered the class.

The class turned pin-drop silent as the students watched their tall, muscular teacher with fretful eyes.

"Hello children" the teacher said wryly but none of them dared to reply.

"My name is Konrad King and I am going to be your teacher for the next three days" he said with a grin and all the children, either lowered their heads or looked away, without bothering to reply him.

"Yes, and I want every one of you to make him feel welcomed and not cause any trouble to him" Sister Cecilia said looking at a group of rowdy boys. "Understood boys?" she demanded.

"We do not cause any trouble" the leader replied offended and Sister Cecelia shook her head. There was no one who had won and argument against this little boy. Cute though he might be, but he was too clever for his age!