Chapter 21

21st chapter and it is dedicated to @najlabaccar98 :D

And Ladies, swoon over Lucas's pic up there ^^^

Also, HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO @Lujoca :D

****

"The true value of communication is often not so much what you say to each other but the simple, powerful fact that you care enough to say something to each other so often."
― Johan Bruyneel
, We Might As Well Win: On the Road to Success with the Mastermind Behind a Record-Setting EightTour de France Victories

DARYA P.O.V

There was something warm and fluffy above me when I woke up and I am sure it was not my comforter because comforters aren't this heavy. I was still in my wolf form and I whimpered softly hoping it would wake up Quillon, who was sleeping over me. We were lying on the ground in some weird position. His one forelimb, which I had used as my pillow last night, was still below my head and rest of the body was above me.

It was like he was shielding me in his sleep. I liked it, a lot and so I gave up trying to wake him up. I looked up to see that it was very early in the morning. Even though the sun was up, the sky was a shade of dull blue. As my gaze travelled around, I was startled to find a camera pointed in our direction. My eyes widened to fullest extent when I saw a human, standing at least 30 feet away from us and clicking our pictures.

What the...? Is he going to put it up as a cover of some animal magazine?

He might be a wildlife photographer because he had that look plus he owned a professional camera. I don't know why he was in the woods so early morning but I guessed he had come to click pictures.

When the guy realized I was watching him, he slowly lowered his camera and stared at me with wide eyes. He was scared because he lost color but he wasn't moving either. When I made no move, he probably thought I was harmless, so he raised the camera. It made me furious and I growled murderously at him.

Quillon woke up after he heard my growl and slipped off me. His dark eyes clashed with mine and I couldn't help but remember our kiss last night. It was a good thing I was in my wolf form because that way my blush was not visible. Slowly, I turned my head to see if the guy had gone but the dude had some real audacity because he was still there and focusing his lens at us.

When Quillon noticed it, he stood up to his full height. His tall imposing wolf could make other wolves tremble; then what match was a human? When I looked again, the guy was not there.

But I still think he had clicked our pictures and I just hoped he wouldn't publish it. If he did, I am going to kill him... kidding!

Sighing, I glanced at Quillon, I found his eyes focused on the mark below my ear. The fur covered my mark but I could still feel it. It was fresh. He stepped closer and the moment his breath fanned my fur, I snapped my jaws near his muzzle. An earth shaking growl erupted from Quillon while he glared at me in warning and I seethed. I didn't know what we were going to do now but I sure as hell would kill Quillon if he continues with the part-away-as-friend's proposal.

This time I am definitely not kidding.

After I stood up, Quillon started running and I followed him because I know we were going home.

Twenty minutes later, we reached home. Since it was early in the morning, we did not encounter any other pack wolves on the way. Quillon pushed open the door to his house with his big blue head and while he went to gym room, I went upstairs in my wolf form.