Chapter 52

It's still 4th March in India and so, HAPPY BIRTHDAY @CharlesMegan :D Love you gal, you are the best!

As promised Chapter 52 is here and it is dedicated to @Pavi_0310 :D

The whole chapter is in 3rd person p.o.v because that way I could cover up what other characters were feeling...

Enjoy!

Oh! Pic above of the true monster of TSW!

****

"The oldest and strongest emotion of mankind is fear, and the oldest and strongest kind of fear is fear of the unknown."

-H.P. Lovecraft, Supernatural Horror in Literature.

AT KONRAD'S WAREHOUSE...

At one of his warehouses, Konrad growled repeatedly in rage. Pacing back and forth, he clenched and unclenched his fists, unable to digest what had happened today.

He had it all planned.

Darya would trouble Quillon enough for him to sacrifice his life. He was certain it would work after he had hypnotized the other Alphas'. Everything was almost going fine until somehow Quillon decided his mate wasn't worth saving!

Mates are supposed to love each other or so, Konrad had thought. However, looking at what happened today he wasn't certain about it.

Compressing his mouth into a thin, hard line, he violently upturned a nearest couch.

He knew Quillon was bluffing. He wouldn't actually kill his mate. But if push comes to shove, Quillon might have gone through it and Konrad did not want that. Darya is strong as long as she has Quillon beside her. If he goes out of the picture, then she is nothing but putty in his hands.

Even though his primary enemy was Darya, Konrad couldn't get to her without taking Quillon out of the way!

That's why he had hypnotized those wolves but the bastard had some ridiculous kind of power that saved all their lives. Konrad wanted an internecine today and he got nothing. That felt like a slap to him and unable to take it, he spread apart his hands and snarled in rage.

He couldn't get to those wolves, to Darya as long as Quillon is protecting them. He has to get rid of that bastard first. Konrad was prepared to do anything but only problem, he couldn't kill Quillon, the very same way Quillon cannot kill him.

If Konrad kills Quillon, then all his plans will go kaput. No wolf will willfully surrender to him and his dream of creating his own kind to rule the world will be just a dream!

Curling his fingers to form a fist, he slammed his hand against the wall, which cracked from the force.

Quillon fucking Sanders. His plan to make Quillon sacrifice his life was almost close to success until...

Quinton Sanders!

Konrad's mouth curled upwards nastily when he thought about that wolf. He had always thought the younger one was a useless wimp but that little piece of shit had come to help Quillon today. It is because of his help, Quillon was able to stop Darya.

He wanted to kill that mutt as well!

Turning his head, he looked at Sanity, who was sitting quietly on the stairs and watching him, waiting for him to say something.