Chapter 4

Chapter 4 is here and it is dedicated to @raichuu :)

ALSO, THANKS A LOT GUYS FOR BRINGING TSW #3 IN ACTION THIS WEEK… WOOHOO!

****

“I guess we're oil and water. (Phoebe)
I'd say we're more like gasoline and a blowtorch. (Dan)” 
― Susan Elizabeth Phillips
, It Had to Be You

DARYA P.O.V

“Come again” I said unsurely and blinked in confusion. Did he just say what I think he said?

Mating shit?

“You heard me” he said in a nonchalant way and that made me furious. My wolf started growling and now, she wanted to attack Quillon. So much for her calling him ‘mine.’ I actually feel bad for her.

“You are so lucky you are on the other side of the lake” I began through gritted teeth and Quillon cocked an eyebrow. “If you were here, I would knock your head off” I practically screamed at him.

Mating shit!

He chuckled at my words, “Don’t think you could reach that far doll face” he said and I pursed my lips. “What’s so wrong in what I said?” he asked and I gaped at him in incredulity. Is he for real? “You don’t want a mate and neither do I. Let’s just complete the mating process and part away like… friends?” he suggested with a frown at the word friends. Unfortunately, yes he is.

Isn’t he supposed to be like my… I don’t know, ‘Soul mate?’ And is this what soul mates say? Let’s complete the mating process and part ways... like friends?

“What kind of an asshole are you?” I questioned in disbelief and ran a hand through my hair. Taking a deep breath, I recalled what he said, “Friends?” I said to myself in disbelief. “You make this outrageous proposal and expect me to be friends with you? Right now, I feel so friendly towards you that if you drop dead, then I would dance on your corpse.”

“You have some better suggestion Blondie?” he snapped. Great! He is furious now.

“Okay, listen here Mr. Let’s-get-this-mating-shit-over-with, if you want me as mate then treat me as an equal because I will settle for nothing less than that” I spat in rage. “And as far as mating with you is concerned, I would prefer wrestling with a crocodile then mating with you.”

“You like it dirty, eh?” he asked with a smirk and I gasped.

“Did you even here what I said?” I queried in frustration. It’s like I was talking to a wall.

“I did. But I think you didn’t hear what I said” he replied.

“Are you seriously expecting me to consider your offer?”  He shrugged as a reply and that made me see red. “Alright, the answer is no. N.O. I am not going to mate with you.” Surprisingly, my wolf agreed with me in this decision.

“Your loss” he said and I glared at him.

“Oh don’t worry! I can find someone way better than you.”

“There is not going to be anyone other than me” he thundered from the other side and my wolf even though was happy to hear it, didn’t budge from her decision. I watched Quillon, who looked ready to shift into his wolf because he was shaking with anger.

“There will be and he will be nothing like you” I snapped.

“Don’t play games with me Darya” he snarled and I gulped when I saw that his claws were out. How the fuck is he able to intimidate me? I don’t understand that.