Chapter 9

MERRY CHRISTMAS :D Have a wonderful day :D

Here is chapter 9 and this chapter is dedicated to @Zuzu7812 :)

Pic on the side is of>>>

****

“She was saying goodbye and she didn't even know it.” 
― Markus Zusak
, The Book Thief

DARYA P.O.V

I was neatly folding my clothes and keeping it inside my bag. This was my second bag and I wondered if it felt like I am taking too much stuff? After all, I will be staying there for only two months. Why do I need more clothes?

After few minutes of contemplating, I decided that two bags were enough.

While I was stacking my clothes, Lorcan stepped into my room, holding a plate filled with wafers.

“Want some?” he asked sitting on my bed.

“No” I said but I was really touched by his manners.

 “Why cannot I come with you?” he demanded thrusting his lower lip in a pout.

“Because you have school” I answered softly.

“I don’t want to go to school” Lorcan huffed.

“Well baby, you have to. Don’t you want to become like your papa after you grow up?” I asked and he nodded eagerly.  “Then you have to go to school” I sighed and he scrunched up his nose.

Ruffling his hair, I went to the bathroom to pick up my toiletries.  

“You are going to his house?” he queried curiously setting the plate on my bed.

“Yes”

“How long?”

“Two months. But I will come home to meet you whenever I can” I promised and his eyes beamed with happiness. Lowering myself, I kissed the top of my nephew’s head.

“But I hear aunts saying that you are going to marry him and stay there” Lorcan said and my eyes were as wide as saucers.

“Marry?” I said in a whisper. Geez! Who has been talking about marrying stuff?

“Are you going to marry him?” I flushed and looked away. I was glad that no one heard him asking that question.

“Uh… I don’t know” I replied honestly. Marrying Quillon? The thought is a little scary.

“How can you not know?” Lorcan asked in frustration and I blinked. “I know I am going to marry mama after I grow up” Lorcan replied cheerfully and I laughed. Okay… I now understood how he was so sure. “But you don’t marry him” he added and I blinked again.

“Why not?”

“He shouted at my papa” Lorcan explained munching his wafers. “And I don’t like him.”

“I understand baby. I don’t like Quillon either” I said happily and Lorcan smiled. I raised my hand for him to give me a high-five and he did just that.

Just than my cellphone started ringing. Think about the devil... Why was he calling me now?

Sighing, I answered the call, “Yes?”

“What time will you be here?” I frowned at Quillon’s question.

“Be there? Aren’t you coming to pick me up?” I demanded.