Chapter 41

HAPPY NAVARATRI :D

Yay! Update a bit sooner!

Chapter 41 is here and it is dedicated to @readingaddiction :D

****

"Once you make a decision, the universe conspires to make it happen."

- Ralph Waldo Emerson

QUILLON P.O.V

The following morning, I was sitting in the living room of my parent's house with a bored expression on my face. Quinn, who was sitting on another couch, yawned.

He was not going to school. No children from the pack were going to school today because they still needed to cope with what happened yesterday. I think now, everyone from my pack understood how deadly destruction is. We couldn't bear it for fifteen minutes, yet Elegance Pack had borne it for hours until it was completely wiped out.

Goosebumps appeared all over my skin as I tried to imagine how the Elegance pack wolves must have felt at that moment.

Darya had burnt down the west side of the pack territory in fifteen minutes. No greenery was visible there now.

I ran a hand through my hair as I recalled the previous night and just like that I winced and my wolf started whining inside me. Quickly, I blocked the pain and tried to wipe it from my head. However, to no avail.

After mom calmed me down, I ran away and spent the next the rest of the night hunting. Mom told me that she had exclaimed everything that had happened to the five Alphas' before they left. I don't know if they still blamed me or not, but I definitely knew no one could do anything until Darya comes back.

I had called Duncan in the morning. He told me Darya wasn't there and asked me to inform him if she comes here. After that, he cut the call.

I did not know where she was now. But I knew, wherever she was, she was safe. She was with her mother. The other Alphas' too didn't know where she was.

Granel had calmed down, and he didn't seem to think I was that bad of a person. He told me they had asked Vincent to find some clue but Vincent was unable to see anything.

Nobody could because Goddess had taken her. Turns out, I was the only one who was blessed enough to see the Goddess yesterday. The pack wolves just remember the fire dying down. They believe it was Goddess answering their prayers and they were kind of right!

"They are here" mom chimed and opening my eyes; I stood and marched towards the gate with Quinn following me. My friends were already there and when they saw me, they smiled sadly.

A Black Lamborghini came to halt near the gate and I frowned when I noticed that it was the same model that I owned. The only difference was that mine was silver in color.

Cortez Moreland stepped out from the driver's side and smiled at mom who beamed at him. I was very happy to see her happy. She finally had someone from her brother's side.

Personally, I still find it hard to believe that Cortez was related to me. Since I didn't know him well, I could only be cordial with him for mom's sake and for Darya's.

Cortez then moved to the passenger side to open the door. Bending down, he hoisted a little girl into his arms. His mate, stepped out of the car with a smile and all the unmated male wolves around me, breathed in deep when they saw her.