Chapter 40

Hi Lovelies,

Thank-you for all the support in the previous chapter!

Chapter 40 is here and it is dedicated to @CharlesMegan for the cover above and for being a great friend :D Love you :-* I super love that cover.

That cover must tell you what is going to happen in the chapter. So without wasting further time...

****

"Mother's ways are higher than others, even when everyone rejects, mother accepts with her arms open and wide."

- Amit Ray

ORSELINE P.O.V

"I still cannot believe Darya is going to be the Luna" I sighed, leaning back in my seat.

"Me neither" Duncan said from beside me with a soft smile. We were now driving to Serene Pack to witness the ceremony.

"Even now, I remember her playing seesaw with Orion" I said with a chuckle and then immediately regretted saying that. Duncan hadn't been there to see Darya when she was young. By the time he came to know he had a sister, she was already twelve.

"Sorry" I mumbled softly and Duncan shook his head. Leaning closer, I rested my head on his arms.

"Where is your brother?" Duncan asked after some time.

"He said he will meet us directly in Serene" I replied. Tyson and Piper were also attending the ceremony. Although Tyson claimed he was busy earlier, he later changed his mind and decided to attend.

With a smile on my face, I turned to look out of the window. I was glad everything worked fine between Darya and Quillon. I was pleased he was there to care and protect her. The boy was good. Sure, he is an arrogant son of a gun, but if he was anything less than Darya would have walked all over him.

I think that's why we all like him.

The car came to an abrupt halt a few minutes later and if it weren't for the seatbelt, I knew I would have hit the windscreen glass.

"What the fish?" Duncan said. When you have a five year old in the house who likes learning new words, your language automatically turns clean.

"Duncan?" I said in shock and when I looked, I noticed the way he was staring ahead with a frown. I followed his gaze and hitched my brows in confusion when I saw barricades being set up in the middle of the road, blocking it. This was the road that connected Emperor and Serene. Sure, there were two more but they were long routes.

The car behind us, with Vernon and Darya's guards stopped too.

I inhaled deeply and sensed Serene Pack wolves around. Duncan did too because he pressed the horn but no one came ahead. Growling, Duncan climbed out of the car and walked ahead.

Wolves appeared the moment he was about to throw a barricade away. There were nearly ten of them and they stood in two rows like army men.

"You are trespassing" A Serene Pack wolf said and I narrowed my eyes.

"What did you just say?" Duncan demanded.

"We cannot let any Emperor Pack wolves enter the territory" one more said.

"Alphas' orders" another wolf said as I climbed out of the car.

"What?" Duncan said in disbelief.