Chapter 44

HAPPY DEEPAVALI :D

May the festival of lights be the harbinger of joy and prosperity to you and your family. Have an Enjoyable Diwali :D

Chapter 44 is here and it is dedicated to @lisha_luv for the awesome cover above^^^ Thank-you :D

Also, PLEASE READ THE NOTE AT THE END!

****

"Morning will come, it has no choice. Morning not only forgives, it forgets. Every morning a new sun greets us and our new life begins."

-Marty Rubin.

DARYA P.O.V

Standing at the top of the hill, I truly felt like I was at the top of the world. Green vines were covering my body as I stood, welcoming the early morning sun, with a genuine smile on my face.

A new day, a new beginning. I am going to start my life afresh from today.

There was nothing in the world that could worry me now. I had my mate's love, the one thing I considered impossible to attain. I had my family's support, like always. I had no need to worry about Konrad, he was dead.

I heaved a sigh because for the first time ever in life, I felt truly relaxed. My wolf was also relaxed and to prove the point, she lazily sprawled herself.

Chuckling, I turned my head to look at Quillon, who was sleeping peacefully at the foot of the hill. Biting my lower lip, I went down the hill again.

Yesterday evening's kiss had turned heated immediately and we completely forgot that we were outdoors. The nature, as usual, came to our rescue. A tent made of vines and flowers had been formed around us, to give us complete privacy. Thank-fully, none of the humans visited the hill either.

I pushed aside the strings of fresh, colorful flowers and entered the specially designed tent. Quillon was lying on his stomach, his spectacular back bare to me. My cheeks flamed and I made a mewling sound, when I saw the parallel scratch marks on his smooth back.

Quillon stirred in his sleep and a split second later, his eyes flew open. He turned his head to look at my spot and when he saw it empty, he raised his head and sat up.

"Hi" I said shyly while drooling inwardly at his messy look, which just made him sexier.

"What time is it?" Quillon asked and my smile got wiped from my face. I didn't have a watch but it was still dark outside... so my guess, around five in the morning.

"I don't know" I said instead because I wasn't sure. It was then I noticed the slighter things. I was shivering and had Goosebumps all over my body because it was very cold. However, Quillon seemed just about fine.

Come to think about it, I should have known Quillon's gift right from the start because he had been using them quite often in front of me. While eating dinner, he would constantly tell what was missing without before even taking a bite. That night, in the club on Quinn's birthday, he had sensed the girls drink was spiked because of his gift. How he was the first one to sense Konrad coming to Serene. The way he was able to pull out the internal organs of the rogues hired by Konrad. During our date, why he refused restaurants after restaurants... he could see their unhygienic kitchen. And... Oh God! I now know why he was smirking when I had asked him to close his eyes, while I shifted back to my human form, in front him. The sneaky bastard could actually see me naked with his eyes closed. There is no use worrying about it because he can see me naked even when I wear clothes. He could see everybody naked too then. Every girl...