Chapter 35

HAPPY INDEPENDENCE DAY INDIA :D

Bharat Mata Ki Jai!

Presenting chapter 35 and it is dedicated to @kdshah :D

Pic above is of Sabine ^^^ She looks just the way I wanted :)

****

"It was beauty that killed the beast"

Carl Denham/Robert Armstrong in King Kong (1933)

QUILLON P.O.V

Kill me.

Kill me now before I kill Vincent.

Darya had left the room and I was now sitting alone with that prick. He sat in his corner staring at the computer screen, while I sat in my corner. His cell phone vibrated and he chuckled softly as he read the message.

My wolf was on the edge, standing with his back arched and fur pointed at the end. One wrong move from Vincent and I was ready to slaughter him.

We were in the Providence Peak Hotel of Regal Pack. Cable has been staying here from two days and we had still not spotted him yet. He has locked himself inside his room and I frowned, wondering if that fucker was still sleeping. It was twelve in the afternoon now and we have been watching the camera since ten in the morning.

There were many people involved and each had some role to play to deceive Cable. Yet, there was no sign of him.

I growled in frustration as I saw no movement outside Cable's room. Everyone was waiting just to leap into action, but there was no sign of Cable at all. We had to do this right today. It was the only chance. If we lose Cable today, then we lose him for months. He won't surface until he is sure no one is looking for him.

As I sensed eyes on me, I turned to glare at Vincent who returned the glare.

"Wonder how she puts up with you" he muttered after sometime.

"Shut the fuck up" I hissed through gritted teeth.

"Then again, both of you are stubborn mules" he taunted.

Mules? Did he just call us mules?

"I said shut the fuck up" I breathed out curtly, staring at the computer screen. Vincent snorted and I clenched my fists. I swear I am going to use my gifts on him now, because he clearly doesn't understand the meaning of shutting up.

"Just stating the fact" he said with a shrug. "You guys deserve each other." I couldn't figure out if it was an insult or a compliment.

"Is that how you convinced yourself?" I derided and smirked when Vincent turned to look at me. "When Darya did not return your feelings?" I added cruelly and faint color marred Vincent's prominent cheekbones.

My wolf stomped his paws angrily as Vincent did not even bother denying it.

"I was warned that you could sense others emotions" Vincent remarked as I turned to stare at the computer. My guess the news went from Darya to Sabine to this prick. "But I also know that, that is not the only thing you can do" Vincent added and I tensed. The hell? How can this...?

"The brat isn't the only one who can figure out others gifts" Vincent answered before I could ask and I growled murderously. So, this is his problem with Quinn?

My wolf raised his head high and erected his ears. Slowly, seething, I turned my head to look at Vincent in the eye. When his eyes met mine, he blinked unprepared to face my fury.