Chapter 15

Hey,

As promised, Chapter 15 for you all and it’s dedicated to @TheEagerReader, for guessing something right in the last chapter :D

Also the cover on the side is of the new one-shot story called RAPTURE that I had posted for a #LoveShots competition in wattpad >>>

****

“Whatever Happens To You Is Planned By Me Cause, I'm The MASTERMIND....” 
― Muhammad Imran Hasan

QUILLON P.O.V

“Rick?” Nevin asked shocked and I nodded with a growl. “The very same one who works for Konrad?”

“Worked. They have split” Harvey said.

“Why?” I questioned with a frown.

“After Jared’s death” he answered. Really? This got to be interesting!

“We still don’t know who killed Jared, do we?” Ram asked and I shook my head. Jared, another one of Konrad’s aid, whose weakness was sloth, was killed in June this year. His body was found in a desolate road, and I doubt he was killed there because his car wasn’t there in that road. In fact, it was parked in a public parking space. Hence, I think someone killed him and threw his body on that desolate road.

“So you think Rick is going to come to kill Darya?” Harvey queried.

“I don’t think. I know it. Rick is a very greedy person and like you said, fifty million is a lot of money” I reasoned. “He is definitely going to come” I predicted with a feral growl.

“What are we going to do?” Ram questioned.

“Kill him, what else?” Nevin said and I nodded.

That night, it was Quinn’s turn to cook and when he was done, he called me through the link. Darya, was already in the kitchen laughing at, I am sure, some stupid joke that Quinn cracked. Neither I nor my wolf, appreciated it.

While I took my seat opposite to her, I glared at her and she blinked looking startled. Quinn served and kept a chicken stew in a bowl for all of us. I didn’t even have to taste it to know that the salt proportion was less.

Leaning forward, I picked the salt and sprinkled it on my stew. “Pass me the salt” Darya said and I gave it to her. “How did you even know it had low proportion of salt?” she questioned. At her innocent question, Quinn paused and looked at me, waiting for my reaction.

“I didn’t” I lied and Quinn’s eyes widened. While my gaze clashed against his, he stared at me for a long time, before sighing and looking away.

“Pass me the salt” he asked Darya, who did it with a sincere smile. I scowled when I saw that. She is all smiles even for Quinn!

The next morning, I had already had breakfast before Darya came downstairs. I frowned when I saw her dressed, and with a bag. She was about to go to her college.

“I think I warned you not to go out” I stated while she dropped her bag on the floor and sat on the stool.

“I am not going to miss today’s class” she said with a frown. “I have a presentation today on organic farming and I am going to lose thirty marks if I miss it.”

“I don’t care” I snapped and Quinn joined us the same moment. “You are not going anywhere.”

Darya snarled and I narrowed my eyes, while my wolf bristled. “Watch me” she challenged. My wolf snapped his jaws, when he heard that. How dare she defy my orders?