Chapter 17

Hi,

THANK-YOU SOOOO MUCH for the wonderful comments in the previous chapter. I love you all :-*

Chapter 17 and it is dedicated to @diptijoshi :D

****

“I know it is a bad thing to break a promise, but I think now that it is a worse thing to let a promise break you.” 
― Jennifer Donnelly
, A Northern Light

QUILLON P.O.V

Without taking her eyes of me, Darya stood up. Her eyes were still burning red and her lips were compressed to form a thin line. With a growl she raised her left hand and dropped Rick’s head, which she was still holding in her hands, backwards, and it fell near his body.

“What the-”

“-Fuck” Quinn completed what Nevin began.

Then she tilted her head towards the back, took in a deep breath and then lowering her head, let out that breath. When she opened her eyes, they were back to the steel grey ones.

I stood staring her at, while also wondering how I could have not figured this out. If I had wanted to, I could have figured everything about Darya, but I didn’t only because of my own rules.

While pulling her cellphone from the pocket of her shorts, Darya turned and started walking towards Rick’s body.

“What are you going to do?” Quinn asked in a whisper beside me.

I wanted to strangle her and admire her at the same time. “Nothing” I sighed shaking my head and Quinn stared at me with wide eyes. I watched Darya, who placed the cellphone next to her ear and waited for someone to answer her call.

“What happened?” I heard Tyson’s voice from the other end, while Darya pulled out a test-tube that had moon flower fragrance.

“Shut the website. Rick is dead” she said and I gritted my teeth.

“The The The website… sh-she made that website?” Harvey stuttered in disbelief and I nodded. Well, Tyson made it but surely on her instructions. It was her plan to trap Rick and I am sure that I came in-between her plan.

“What about the waste?” Tyson demanded while Darya pulled out a lighter. She let go the highly flammable scent on his body first and then the lighter.

“Burnt” Darya replied walking towards me, while flame spread all around Rick’s body.

“Oh My God” Quinn whispered.

“Alright” he said and hung up.

Locking her gaze with mine, Darya strode ahead but all of a sudden stopped in her tracks and smirked. “You are late” she said and I frowned at her.

It wasn’t until she looked over her shoulder that I realized she was talking to someone else. As I followed her gaze, I clenched my fists and growled murderously when I saw Ekon, another one of Konrad’s aids.

“Devise or mishap?” she demanded turning to face him. Behind me, the boys stiffened and growled at the sight of another enemy. So a dog did come to pick up the bone!

“It is what you think it is” Ekon replied to Darya with a shrug.

“I was expecting Cable” Darya told him.

“Konrad knocked him out” Ekon retorted.

“Ah, so you chose to come?”

“Maybe”