Chapter 31

Hi :)

Chapter 31, which is dedicated to @JoanneDeLeon5 who is celebrating her birthday today :D Happy Birthday :D:-*

Pic on the above is of Sanity ^^^

****

"If you reveal your secrets to the wind,

you should not blame the wind for

revealing them to the trees."

—Kahlil Gibran, The Wanderer

At Konrad's warehouse....

"You did what?" Konrad demanded growling murderously.

"I.... I thought..." Cable stuttered and in a blur of movement, Konrad stood right in front of his nose.

"You thought?" Konrad hissed. "Who gave you the permission to think?" Konrad demanded and Cable gulped.

"I...." Cable couldn't even think of anything certain to say in his defense.

"Tell me... what were you planning to achieve by attacking Quillon?" Konrad questioned, clenching his jaws.

"I thought you would be pleased" Cable replied meekly.

At this, Konrad's eyes turned dark and he bared his fangs, "Do I look pleased?" he inquired lethally and Cable shook his head, nervously. "Then?"

"It was... Wesley... he told me—"

"You asked advice from that pathetic human who cannot see anything past his dead mate?" Konrad growled out in rage and Cable paled.

"I didn't think she would come..." Cable defended in a low voice. He had made sure Darya would be away.... But still she came!

"That exactly is the fucking problem. You. Do. Not. Think" Konrad spelled out savagely. "If killing them would have been that easy, then I would have already been done with it. To kill them, you have to first, separate them" Konrad added and then returned to his seat on the couch.

After few minutes, Konrad closed his eyes, leaned back and said, "Tell me, what happened today."

Cable heaved a sigh, pleased that Konrad was calm. "I had asked two of our men to kidnap the Sanders's company accountant's daughters. They did and we blackmailed him to call Quillon to his house. After he called, Quillon was on his way. Until, out of blue, he stopped and reversed the car."

"His pack must have informed him" Sanity, who was quiet until now, said with a frown.

"Not possible. I have kept moonflower in the area. I am sure he got a phone call asking him to return" Cable replied.

"Possible. Darya might have informed one of the pack members" Sanity mused.

"That's the unexpected thing" Cable growled in frustration. "How did Darya get to know? Wesley and I had made sure she was away and busy."

"How so?" Konrad asked and Cable told him about his plan of John (Wesley's father), who had called and informed Darya to come to the farm and stay with Wesley.

"And she did come to the farm" Cable continued, "But that very moment, she got a call and after that she ran away" Cable said sourly.

"A call?" Konrad demanded, cocking one dark brow. "Whose call?"

"No idea. I asked Wesley and he told me that before the call, she was her normal self, but after answering the call, she turned pale, dropped her phone, muttered something irrelevant and ran from there."