Chapter 45

Finally! The chapter is here :D

It is dedicated to @ItsMyBlueBallpen for being awesome in twitter :D:D

^^^^ Cover above by @dholie :D

****

"...We die, we turn, we are reborn as we deserve to be reborn, based on our doings in this world."

—Cassandra Clare, Clockwork Prince

DARYA P.O.V

Sitting in one corner of the classroom, I was noting down the important points regarding plant pathology that the guest lecturer was discussing. That was when I felt someone's eyes on me. My wolf tensed warily and began sniffing the air around me.

All my classmates were humans and I knew all of them, so I wasn't suspicious. I didn't know the guest lecture but he was human and there was nothing fishy about him either.

Thinking it to be some sort of mistake, I shook my head and continued taking down the points. However, I stopped writing and the pencil slipped from my fingers while my wolf bristled aggressively. Something was seriously wrong and she could feel it.

I looked around the room and then turned my head to look outside the window. The only thing I could see was the library building and through the windows, I could see some students sitting and talking in hushed voices. Yet, my wolf kept growling repeatedly.

"Darya" my neighbor poked me in the arms and I jumped in my seat. Only then I saw the lecturer frowning at me.

"Sorry" I said to him and lowered my head. However, my wolf was pacing inside me, wondering what was wrong. At times like this, I seriously wished that I had Quillon's gifts.

Another ten minutes passed before she finally settled down. I was so relieved that I actually huffed. That once again attracted my lecturer's attention and this time he asked me a question regarding the rise of diseases in plants. Thankfully, I knew the answer to it.

__

Half-an-hour later, the last bell rang and collecting all my things, I walked out of the classroom. I was confused by my wolf's strange behavior. She felt something was wrong and I knew I had to trust her instinct because she was right ninety nine point nine percent of the time when it came to things like this.

Konrad was dead, but that didn't mean I didn't have any threats. There was still Sanity and that girl is a psycho. She might be young at age but I still won't spare her life if she comes to attack me. She has killed too many people without even blinking. She was ruthless and now that Konrad, is dead I knew she would target me or my family.

Quillon had suspected it too. He had had some people looking for her after Leah's warnings. It had been a good whole week since I got accepted as the Luna of the pack and almost a month since Konrad died, yet Sanity hadn't made any move to attack me.

Besides Sanity, Quillon even hired an agent to shadow Maxwell. He hadn't got any proof against Maxwell, but once he gets, I knew Quillon would either kill Maxwell or forever imprison him.

As I walking through the long corridors, my wolf wagged her tail in excitement and I turned my head to look at Quillon's Lamborghini in the parking lot. My heart fluttered in my chest and a smile curved on my lips.