Epilogue

Here it is, the Epilogue of The Shrewd Wolves...

This is dedicated to all my readers :D

Pic above^^^... need I say more? Thank-you @CharlesMegan for showing me the pic of that pretty doll :D

****

"You can have it all. Just not all at once."

-Oprah Winfrey

DARYA P.O.V

DECEMBER 2020,

It's been a week since Sel has slipped into coma. Duncan sits beside her whole day; he is in a state of shock.

I find it hard to believe too. I don't know when she is going to wake up. Vincent doesn't tell me either.

I attended Ekon's funeral, where I was asked to leave when Meryl almost shifted into her wolf, after seeing me. She doesn't forgive me and I understood that, accepted that.

Emperor and Supreme are the most affected packs. Both packs lost many number of wolves from Konrad's attack. The packs are mourning and there is no rejoice over Konrad's death.

January 2021,

I have returned to Serene Pack after a month of being in Emperor Pack. Quillon persuaded me and I agreed because I needed a change of environment.

Started going back to college too.

Granel had to bring a heavily drunk Duncan home. It hurt me to see my brother like this.

To keep Lorcan away from all this, Sel's parents took him to Regal. Duncan didn't stop them either.

February 2021,

I was trying to stop the javelin from hitting Sel. Quillon had to wake me up from the nightmare I was having. He held me close the whole night, repeatedly telling everything is going to be okay soon.

Quillon had decided he no longer wants to be an Apex Predator. Admittedly, he is one but he has given back the Alpha's their respective titles. However, before doing that, Quillon had sworn he would become an Apex Predator again if and when the need arises.

I stood by his decision because he really was happy with it. When he became an Apex Predator, the world needed him, a leader. But now since the threat of Konrad has vanished, packs are doing fine on their own and Quillon believes they don't need him for that.

April 2021,

I met Vincent after a long time. He said he was quitting college to pursue astrology. He has come to accept his gifts and decided to practice to excel in it.

He left to Bali a week later.

Sel, who still hasn't woken up, was brought home after Duncan requested. A doctor was present 24x7 in their house for her.

May 2021,

Duncan decided to stay strong and shaved for the first time in months. My eyes had met his in the reflection and he had smiled at me, a genuine smile.