Chapter 26

Hi,

An update!

I know a long gap.... But I've already explained why I was away.

Thank-you everyone for understanding and being patient. I love you for that :)

Chapter 26 is here and it is dedicated to @lavanyaadurthi :)

Pic above is of our little hero's :)

****

"There's nothing that makes you more
insane than family. Or more happy. Or
more exasperated. Or more... secure."
- Jim Butcher

DARYA P.O.V

It was the Saturday, in which Sel and others were meeting in Elegance. It was also the day, I wanted Grace to meet Cortez. My plan was simple. I am taking Grace with me to Elegance, where I am sure Cortez will also be there to drop Malory and Glory.

The only problem in this plan was how to take Grace there. When I had told Quillon last week that I am taking Grace with me, I had luckily not told him which day I was going. That was a plus on my side.

After Konrad's attack last week, the pack security had increased, but today, it was comparatively better. I was alone in the house now and wondering what to do. Quillon had gone to the town, while Quinn was out with friends. It was nine in the morning and I had to be in Elegance before twelve.

I knew Quillon would be pissed that I am going without telling him. But if I do tell him, then I am sure he wouldn't agree. Things were going fine between us. Since last week, our fights have lessened and I would sleep with my head resting on his arms... but today, when he discovers where I have gone and whom I have taken with me, he is surely going to be pissed.

Sighing, I shook my head and focused on something which was more important now.

Should I directly tell Grace that I am going to Elegance? I am sure she will agree. Yes, that's what I am going to do. Quillon might throttle me, but I can deal with it.

Taking a deep breath, I picked up my bag and strode towards the door.

While I was going to garage, I stopped in my tracks when I saw Bee, "Oh! You are going out?" she said guiltily.

"Yes. Coming?" I asked her.

"Where are you going?"

"I cannot tell you until you agree" I said in a hushed tone and Bee's eyes sparkled.

"You are going without telling Q?" she asked amused and I nodded. "I am coming" she jumped in excitement. "But I am not dressed..."

"You have fifteen minutes. I will bring the car to your place" I said and off she went.

I drove to Quillon's parent's house and sighed when I saw that Scott's car wasn't there, meaning he was out.

"Darya... what a surprise darling" Grace said as soon as I stepped inside the big house. I tensed when I saw that there were two pack wolves, who were working in their house. "You are going somewhere?" she asked the moment she saw my handbag.

"Uh... yes!" Damn! These pack wolves will be able to hear, whatever I say to her in the house.

"Emperor?" she asked and I shook my head.

"Umm... Town. I am going to town... to this particular place.... That I don't know. But I have to go there because I have some work there. But like I said I don't know where the place is." I swear even I could not understand what I just said.