Chapter 54

Hi,

BELATED HOLI WISHES AND HAVE A BLESSED GOOD FRIDAY :D

Sorry for the delay but I am absolutely thrilled about your response for the previous chapter. It was a complete boost to me!

54th Chapter is out and it is dedicated to @tweetyelsie :D

Cover above done by @_dholie_ :D

Enjoy!

****

"But pain's like water. It finds a way to push through any seal. There's no way to stop it."

-Katie Kacvinsky.

DARYA P.O.V

"Sel" my voice was a whisper as I stumbled towards her. My legs gave away mid way and I dropped on the ground beside her.

Duncan was cupping her face and trying to wake her up, but she wasn't responding. Lorcan was sobbing loudly and there was no one to console him.

Lorcan knew his mother was hurt and tried to help her. But Quillon held his wrist before he could touch the javelin. "No. It's going to hurt her more" Quillon told him and sniffing, Lorcan nodded.

"Sel" with shaky hands, I tried to touch her. My vision was cloudy and I blinked, trying to clear my view. Yet, to no success! My heart was pounding so fast in my chest that I could only feel a cold shiver run down my spine.

She... she is my rock! I wouldn't be here without her.

My eyes drifted to the javelin and a cry escaped from my mouth as I watched it. The color of blood had already started soaking her light blue shirt.

I didn't know what to do at that moment. I wanted to help her, but I didn't know how. Pulling out the javelin could hurt her and I couldn't...

"Darya" I turned my head to look at Quillon, the only one who seemed calm amongst us. "Go" he said looking me in the eye and I just stared at him.

I couldn't understand... I wanted to help Sel!

"Go" Quillon repeated firmly and when he looked at someone behind me, he displayed his fangs and let out a feral growl. "I can do something to ease her pain, but you... you need to stop Konrad!" Quillon said, his eyes drifting towards Sel, who was still in Duncan's arms.

"What should I do?" Duncan asked Quillon.

"Just hold her" he replied and then forcefully held my arm. "Darya, stop him before he kills someone else" Quillon's commanding voice made me realize that Konrad, who did this to Sel, was still out there and with another clone, he could do much more damage than what he had already done.

"GO" Quillon shouted.

Turning my head, I let out an earth shattering growl before standing on my feet and glaring at Konrad.

There was only two of him... one had escaped! I didn't know how the third one was created, but all I knew was the damage it can do if it's not stopped in time.

One of the clones bared his fangs and growled savagely at me, which caused my wolf to fume inside me.

I ran towards him with full speed and then we both leapt high in the air. I managed to trash his neck, while he drew blood on my waist. We both fell on the ground with a thud, but Konrad stood up easily. Before I could stand up, I was raised from the ground by another clone and then thrown like a doll.