Chapter 43

IT'S MY PAPA'S BIRTHDAY TODAY AND IT IS ALSO THE FIRST ANNIVERSARY OF THE SHREWD WOLVES.

Wow! Cannot believe the story has been going on for a year... I will try to finish this As soon as possible. Probably has another ten chapters or so... :)

ALSO SORRY FOR THE DELAY.

This is the LONGEST chapter I've ever written and it is dedicated to @najedamon for calling Darya Medusa... lol! She is going to go Medusa in this chapter :D ;)

Also, there is a surprise guest in this chapter... :P More information about the guest at the end :);)

^^^ Pic above sent to me by @CharlesMegan. You will understand the relevance of the pic in the chapter soon ;)

I loved writing this chapter. Hope you like this too :)

Enjoy!

****

"In a way, I was incredibly proud of her (not that I had any intention of letting it show while I was beating the crap out of her)."

-Meg Cabot.

DARYA P.O.V

Sitting alone in a bar, I was tracing my index finger on the glass rim of my Pomegranate Martini. I had been dancing for the last one hour and now, I was tired.

One week had passed since my birthday and each passing day, I have been trying to heal my broken heart. My wolf has retreated to some corner of my mind and shows her presence only when something irritates her.

Day by day, I could actually feel my strength deteriorating.

My family had been surprisingly quiet on the topic. They know Quillon and I were over because I told them that. Other than the surprised looks, nobody had anything to say.

I told Sel in detail what happened. I told her that Quillon doesn't love me and she just hugged me while I cried pathetically.

The only good thing that happened this whole week was that I finally joined a cooking class. I think it's time I start learning cooking because it will help me to feed myself.

As I thought about my previous attempt at cooking, I cringed.

I don't know how everything went wrong between Quillon and me. I was happy with him. Incredibly happy but then everything went downhill, just when I thought I was at the top of the world.

He doesn't love me.

It hurt even to think about it. I couldn't stay with Quillon after knowing that his feelings to me weren't the same. I could be some sacrificing queen and say, I am happy with his friendship but how long would that keep me happy? Eventually, I would start craving for me and I didn't want Quillon to show some compassion after feeling sorry for me. It would have made me feel pathetic!

I couldn't settle for anything less than his love and since I am never going to get that, I think it's better if I just stayed out of his life. That is better than him being sympathetic to me.

"Nursing your broken heart?" an unknown voice demanded and I turned my head to look at the dark haired male sitting a stool away from mine. He was truly good looking with thick black hair, foggy eyes and charming smile but he was still no match to... Why am I even going there?