Chapter 33

IT'S MY BIRTHDAY :D:D

On this day, I am going to release the TRAILER of The Shrewd Wolves attached above ^^^^^ It's done by me and it gives subtle hints of WHAT IS GOING TO HAPPEN in the UPCOMING CHAPTERS of the story ;) Please check it out and share your views about it :)

Happy Birthday to everyone who celebrate their birthday with me, on July 28th :D Woohoo!

Chapter 33 is here and it is dedicated to @shalini1993 :D

Cover done by @FMorden of Darya's wolf ^^^

With my today's happiness, also lies the grief at the last night news of the demise of Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, scientist, former President of India and my Idol. A great human being who has inspired millions. May his soul rest in peace!

****

" Have you ever been in love?

Horrible isn't it? It makes you

so vulnerable. It opens your

chest and it opens up your

heart and it means that

someone can get inside you

and mess you up."

Neil Gaiman , The Sandman,

Vol. 9: The Kindly Ones (The

Sandman #9)

DARYA P.O.V

I was woken up by the familiar and aggravating tune of my alarm. Groaning, I picked my phone and dismissed the alarm. As I sat up, I recalled everything that had happened before I lost conscious. Gasping, I looked at my surroundings and realized I was still in Quillon's room, which means I am still in Serene. So they didn't kick me out?

Where is Sel? I had seen her rushing towards me? Is she alright?

Throwing the covers away, I got up and looked out of the window to see bright morning sun.

"How long had I been out for?" I whispered to myself rubbing my eyes.

"Fifteen hours" Quillon answered for me and I turned my head to find him sitting on the couch, with an iPad in his hand. "How are you feeling?" he asked striding towards me.

"Better. Wha-What happened to me?"

"Your wolf wanted to be alone for sometime" he answered and everything fell into place.

"Wait... where is Sel? I saw her—"

"She left late evening and told me to call her, when you wake up"

"I will do that" I mumbled weakly. As I ran a hand through my messy, frizzy hair, I tensed as I realized that Quillon and the whole of Serene Pack knew about my gifts. My wolf started pacing inside me. She was still on the edge over what happened yesterday and I knew I badly needed a run.

Slowly, I raised my lashes to look at Quillon and gulped when I found his dark eyes settled on me.

Is he mad at me? My wolf stopped for a moment and then continued pacing. I frowned at that reaction. Unlike yesterday, she did not seem too worried about the idea of Quillon knowing about my gifts. What brought that change? Whatever the reason, it was not really helping me.

Nervously licking my bottom lip, I began, "We have to—"

"Talk. I know" Quillon incised. "After you had your breakfast" he said and I nodded.