Chapter 39

Namaste,

Finally, I am able to keep my promise of updating sooner than the scheduled date. So, here is chapter 39.

But before that a few things-

Firstly, I AM OVERWHELMED BY THE RESPONSE I RECEIVED FOR THE PREVIOUS CHAPTER. I have taken screen shots of each and every comment... LOL. You AMAZING guys made my whole week... motivated me and hence, the chapter was posted early.

Secondly, This is MY FAVORITE CHAPTER IN THE WHOLE STORY AND IT IS DEDICATED TO my best-friend @Akshatha6 :D:-* I love you :D Thank-you for reading and commenting and supporting me since the first chapter of my first story :D It means the world to me! (Nanna hatira, ninna ella comments galu ide.. lol)

Thirdly, the cover above done by her ^^^

****

"The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it."

_Flannery O'Connor.

QUILLON P.O.V

As I hugged Darya close, I gradually felt the tension in her body evaporate. She has been like a cat on hot bricks ever since mom asked her to accept the Luna title. My wolf tried to provide as much comfort to her as possible.

I cannot say I could exactly understand why she was this nervous, but I knew that part of the reason was because it involved completely adapting my pack as her own. From today, she would officially be a member of the Serene Pack.

Frankly, I was thrilled by it because from today, I would be able to connect with her through the mind-link. But I was trying to play it cool.

"I love you" Darya whispered, nestling her nose against my shirt-front and my eyes widened in surprise, while my whole body tensed.

She...?

Pullling away, Darya looked at me with bambi eyes as I stared at her in astonishment.

"That's what caused the change" she added, answering to my previous day's question.

She loves me?

My wolf tilted his head backwards and howled happily while I was at a loss of words. Love?

For some unknown reason, the word did not make me sick like it once used to. My wolf's behavior was also profoundly confusing because he seemed very pleased.

"You don't have to say it back or something like that. I said it because I thought you should know" Darya muttered with a nonchalant shrug and I wondered how she could behave as if nothing happened.

I looked into her eyes, trying to find out if she was just attached to me and mistaking it for love. But it wasn't like that. This was Darya and she wouldn't say something like this unless she meant it. I knew that much about her.

Darya smiled at me and when she noticed I didn't return it, her smile faded away.

"Q... mom said to be there in fifteen minutes" Quinn said from the doorway and both our heads turned to look at him. He waved and turned to leave. But, stopped and added, "Oh! Mom also said to keep your mind link open" before sprinting off.

I nodded absentmindedly and then immediately opened the link only because it stalled the time, giving me time to think about what Darya just said.