Chapter 27

Okay, I was in the mood... plus the chapter was ready. So here is chapter 27 which is dedicated to @Winter_Deer :D

Oh! This chapter is about the past events of the series.

Just a list of characters-

Paulo- A soothsayer/ astrologer (dead at present timeline of the story)

Isadora- Granel's mom (dead at the present timeline of the story)

Leo- Konrad and Ruben's father (dead at the present timeline of the story)

Serge- A rogue involved in the attack of Elegance Pack (dead at the present timeline of the story)

***

"A waiting person is a patient person. The word patience means the willingness to stay where we are and live the situation out to the full in the belief that something hidden there will manifest itself to us."

- Henri J.M. Nouwen

SWIFT FALLS,

ON THE OUTSKIRTS OF SERENE PACK, 1998

Using the thin stick branch that he was holding, Paulo pushed aside the bushes so that he could march ahead.

He had a mission to do today and nothing could stop him. Not even the fact that he didn't know where exactly he was going. He just had a vision, where he could clearly here the sounds of water flowing from the huge waterfalls and faint, sounds of person breathing.

All Paulo knew was that Stephen Sanders was alive. It had been thirty years since he left. No one had seen or heard from him. Some say, they had seen him. Richard, Stephen's younger brother, had gone crazy after hearing such news. He would immediately rush there, only to be disappointed for days when that person turned out to be someone else.

Some say, he is dead but no one was sure.

Paulo, too used to believe others words but now he knew all those news were lies. Stephen had never been seen after he left and he was not dead.

Paulo, a soothsayer, had always been curious to know, where the young Alpha had gone. He wanted to see the future of this young Alpha but it never worked. He just couldn't see Stephen's future. He couldn't figure out where he went.

It was humorous and intriguing for Paulo because he could see everyone's future. But Stephen... nothing!

Something had always been protecting the young Alpha. Something very powerful to which Paulo was of no match!

Until last week, Paulo did not know what it was. But now he knew- it was the Nature Goddess herself. She wanted Stephen for some purpose and he had been under her protection all these years.

What Paulo could not understand was why suddenly he was getting this vision. Why could he always see and hear the constant flow of water? Though now, Paulo knew the nature Goddess wanted something from him too and that is why, the vision.

That is why he was going to the Swift Falls. Alone. He needed answers for many questions that had been haunting him from years.

After trekking for another hour, Paulo threw his head back and let out a sigh when he heard the sounds of water flowing.

He was here. Near the waterfalls!

Within no time, he reached the plunge-segmented Swift Waterfalls. It was a beauty. There were nearly three falls and each moved in their own style. The place was relaxing and that's why it attracted a lot of tourists. He collected a handful of water and gulped it down, soothing his dry throat.