Chapter 30

Hi,

Presenting Chapter 30 of TSW, which is dedicated to @GaneshNayak :D Thanks Ganesh, for taking us to delta and Murudeshwar :D Had lots of fun :D

Enjoy!

****

"When did the future switch from being a promise to being a threat?"
,

SOOTHSAYER P.O.V

Sounds of leaves crushing as someone stepped over it. A girl running in the woods. Her blonde hair flaying as she kept running like hellhounds was behind her.

A stray tear drop dripped from her chin and when it fell on the ground with a little splash, it was red... the colour of blood.

Gasping, I sat up and took deep breaths to calm my pounding heart. As I clutched the sheets tightly, a drop of sweat rolled down from the corner of my forehead.

For a long time, I sat there and tried to supply as much oxygen as possible to my lungs. Wiping my face with my hands, I threw the sheet away and got off the bed. In the washroom, I collected a handful of water and splashed it on my face. Holding the edges of a sink, I closed my eyes and flinched when I was hit by that same vision again.

I wasn't scared of the vision. I was scared of the drop of blood, which implied threat to life or... death!

Gritting my teeth, I stared at my reflection and gulped when I saw that my eyes were shining gold. The color it usually turns, when either my wolf is at bay or— like in the present case— when I get images and visions of future events.

I do not want to do this. I do not want to do this. I kept repeating in my mind while I was brushing my teeth.

After showering, I got dressed and went downstairs where my mom was there, reading a paper. "Good morning" I said kissing her cheeks and she replied the same as I dropped my bag on the couch.

"Your breakfast is in the table" she said while I picked the plate. After switching on the Television, I increased the volume and sat beside her on the couch.

"What happened?" mom asked folding the newspaper.

"Nothing" I replied with a careless shrug as I ate. Sighing, she got up from her seat and switched off the Television.

I looked away as she crossed her arms and stood in front of me, patiently waiting for me to open up.

I didn't.

"Well, what was it?" she inquired, after some time.

"Mom... please!" I pleaded and closed my eyes. The vision was back and I growled loudly as my eyes flew open.

"Fine" she sighed and my head whipped to look at her.

Fine? Really?

Finding it hard to believe, I cocked an eyebrow questioningly and smiling, mom sat on the coffee table in front of me.

"It's a gift" she stated and I gulped. "The visions might be shocking, but there obviously is a reason why the nature Goddess chose only you to have it."

"Not only me. There was one before me and he got killed because of his gift" I said flatly.

"He sacrificed himself. There is a difference" she pointed out.

"Bottom line— He went up!" I said pointing my index upwards.

Mom smiled, "I know you are not scared of dying. So why do you keep insisting on denying your gifts?"