Chapter 53

HI LOVELIES,

Chapter 53 is out and it is dedicated to @RaAkshaya :D

The cover above done by @CharlesMegan . I love it C :D

****

"Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much."

-Helen Keller

AT EMPEROR PACK...

DARYA P.O.V

The trees were a blur to me as I sprinted through the thick brown forest. I could hear my heavy breaths and the thud of my feet on the ground. Dimly, I could also hear Quillon's footsteps following closely behind me.

Since I was faster than him, I was ahead of him!

I didn't know where Duncan and Sel were, but I did know Konrad was nearby and I couldn't let him see them. He would kill anyone know... anyone!

I harshly wiped the tear from my tears as I feared for Lorcan and Vincent's life. Both are very close to my heart and I swore to do everything I can to protect them.

As I was running, I stopped when I heard a loud ferocious growl. The growl sent a chill down the length of my spine and I gasped audibly while hearing it. The growl was followed by a loud piercing scream that made me close my eyes.

'It's coming from the right' Quillon said and I sprinted in that direction.

We were in a meadow, the land region which Emperor shares with Grier Pack. The land was covered with green grasses and surrounded by tall trees. It's a very peaceful place but today, bodies were lying on the green grasses, which were covered in blood!

I recognized them because they were all part of my former pack. Some of the best fighters, yet no match to the monster that killed them. Fox, Shane, my former guards, were lying on the ground with their body torn into half.

My claws came out and I glared at Konrad's monstrous wolf. The wolf which was twice my size and almost ten feet tall, growled savagely and rushed forward to attack Duncan, Sel and Vernon, who were still fighting with him.

He was in his monstrous wolf form and for the first time, I saw it. Half wolf, half human, the creature was not just scary to look but also very dangerous and powerful. It had its height and strength to its advantage and with that it would crush the opponents.

Sel, Duncan and Vernon were getting badly beaten by Konrad. Sel looked the worst because blood was oozing from one corner of her forehead and left arm. With one large hand, the beast slammed Duncan in the chest that sent him flying backwards.

"Duncan" I screamed my brother's name and Konrad turned his head to look at me. He looked like a rabid dog, with blood dripping from one corner of the mouth and long tongue, stuck out. His demonic claws dug the ground as he shoved Sel away and sprinted towards me.

I joined the monster half way and raising high in the air, I punched him in the chest. The punch was nowhere near as powerful as I thought because he just pulled back and then swatted me away with a furry arm, like I was a fly.

I hit the ground with a thud and saw Quillon rushing towards the monster.

Quillon used Konrad's chest as stairs and then kicking his jaws, he flipped and landed smoothly on his feet. Konrad's wolf stepped back a few steps and then regaining, its composure, it gave a thunderous growl and once moved to attack Quillon.