Chapter 24

I am so, so excited to post chapter 24 of TSW because this is the only chapter in all my novels, that turned out better than I expected :D

In this chapter, I also release a fan-made trailer of TSW ^^^^.... Check it out, it's awesome :D

Thank-you @Darksky4eternity for the trailer as well as the pic on the above^^^ Oh! This chapter is also dedicated to her :D

WARNING: VIOLENCE AHEAD!!

Enjoy!

****

"Beware the dark pool at the

bottom of our hearts. In its

icy, black depths dwell strange

and twisted creatures it is best

not to disturb."

Sue Grafton, I is for Innocent

(Kinsey Millhone, #9)

DARYA P.O.V

My heart was pounding erratically while Quillon kissed me. His tongue probed deeper into my mouth and I let out a moan of pure ecstasy.

We pulled away and I tried to breathe normally, with my eyes close shut. While I was gasping as much air as possible to my lungs, I felt Quillon's powerful frame, tense against me.

Slowly, I opened my eyes and my lips parted on it's own accord when I saw that his eyes were dark. Like a blackest night! For a second, I thought it was because of the kiss, but as I sensed the rigidity in his every muscle I realized something else was the reason. Wondering what it was, I called him.

"Quil-" I was silenced while he placed his index finger on my lips.

"Shhsssh" he said ominously and I furrowed my brows. "Can you sense it?" his voice was a whisper, but there was some dangerous edge in his voice that had my wolf quiver.

Quillon looked calm, but it was dangerously calm. It warned me that something was not right. As a reply for his question, I shook my head and he slowly said, "Fear."

"Fear" I parroted with a gulp. His black eyes were fixed on me and that made me extremely nervous.

"Theirs" he said pointing his finger to the sky. Seriously not comprehending what he was saying, I slowly looked up. My eyes rounded in disbelief when I saw hundreds of birds flying away. Flapping their wings, the birds flew as swiftly as they could.

They say... birds are the first creatures that can sense danger.

I blinked and looked at Quillon. But he was staring at space, with those very same dark eyes. There was this ghastly silence around us. It was like everything turned deathly quiet once the birds flew away. The air has turned cold and my throat suddenly felt dry.

My wolf stiffened at that precise moment and a shiver ran down the length of my marrow. Goosebumps appeared all over my body and I could hear blood rushing to my ears in a roar.

"He is coming" Quillon said in a low scary voice.

"Who?" My voice was so low that even I was not sure if I spoke that word.

"Konrad" Quillon's smirk was as cold as a hungry polar bear.

I suspected him, but hearing Quillon confirm, had the color drain from my face. I felt like someone was squeezing my heart with as much pressure as possible so that I could just die with that pain.