Chapter 40

JJs POV:

"This film is so sad!" Emily says with tears rolling down her cheeks. "Spencer really bought this?" She jokes and Garcia laughs out loud. "I think she bought it really."
"No, honestly I didn't. Spencer did this all." I say a little too defensively and Emily arcs her brow. "We're joking jayje... Relax." she squeezes my thigh and I sigh.

"I'm sorry, he just... he should have been back by now."
"Aw, you're worried about him?" Garcia questions and I nod my head, not even bothering to deny it. We've watched all three movies, ate all of the pizza and had multiple hot chocolates and coffees. He should be back.

"I'll check if he's in his apartment, he might have just forgotten to let you know he's home." Garcia suggests and makes her way into the hall. "He'll be fine." My eyes meet Emily's and she smiles slightly. Her phone lights up and she checks it as Garcia joins us again. I look up hopefully, praying that he is in there and he had just forgotten to let me know. "Well, he's not in there." she sighs while sitting down. "We could stay until he gets back if you want?" Emily offers while looking at Garcia, asking for reassurance with her eyes. She nods in agreement.

"No... No, you can't it's not fair. I'm sure he's going to be fine, I'm just worrying too much... you guys get going." I rush them out of the door to prevent them coming up with more excuses to why it's alright for them to stay. I don't want to be a burden, I don't want to be in the way of their lives.

I sit back On the sofa and check the time, it's now 11:09pm. Spencer left here around 6ish, we didn't get home from Derek's cabin until about half four. I sigh and wrap one of the blankets rolled up on the sofa around my body while putting on an episode of Quantico.

It reaches 12pm and Spencer still hasn't returned home, my eyes are growing heavy and I really want to go to sleep. My phone screen lights up and the text is from an unknown number. I know it's going to be Will, but that doesn't stop me from opening it.

• Please answer me JJ, I miss you so much. You meant everything to me, you can't just cut me off like that. it's not fair. •

I find my self actually feeling sorry for the man, he never treated me badly, we just didn't click like Spencer and I.

• Will please stop texting me. I understand you miss what we had but we can't be together, I just don't feel the same. I'm sorry. •

I place my phone on the table and lay on the sofa to continue watching TV. I can feel myself dosing off as the frowning man on the television screen says his famous line "jet flies in 10"

***

"JJ... JJ open the fucking door." my head shoots up off the arm of the sofa and loud bangs from the door follow. My body isn't fully aware and entirely sure of what's going on, but Spencer's voice definitely fills me in.

"Jennifer Jareau get your sexy arse out here." I check the time on the television, it's 2am and Spencer is shouting his head off outside of my apartment. I rush to unlock the door I don't even remember locking and when I do Spencer stumbles into my arms.

"Oh fuck off L... your name is shit." his words are directed at a short haired brunette across the hall and she sticks up her middle finger as I pull Spencer inside.

"JJ, finally." his eyes are glazed and his breath smells of alcohol. "Are you drunk?" I ask, slightly annoyed that he came home so late, but thankful that he actually did come home. "No, I'm just buzzed." he giggles and I push him into the living room before closing the door, a smile also covering me face. "What were you doing? its 2am!"
"Wow, I may be drunk but you're the one that's pissed." he laughs again. "You're not funny Spencer. I was worried about you."