Chapter Fourteen

LISA

"Are you Lisa Manoban, the wife of Jennie's?" A high-pitched feminine voice is heard behind me as I turn to the owner of the voice, frowning at her weird question and behavior before my eyes land on a certain brunette.

"Irene, come on. Let's eat." Jennie grabs the black-haired girl's hand as a familiar man that I haven't paid attention to until now pats Jennie's shoulder before holding his hand up to me.

"Hi, I am Kai, Irene's brother. Irene is Jennie's best friend." He smiles, waiting for me to take his hand.

"And, why are you here with Jennie?" I cut him off.

"Can't you see I am here?" The Irene girl literally shouts at me in front of Ella and Somi, so I ask Somi to take Ella to the table waiting for me since I don't want her to witness anything that she should not see.

As they disappear to the table, my hands fly to my jeans' pockets, smirking at the hand that is still there. The Kai guy still holds his hand up in the air. Why does he need to be a gentleman in front of Jennie? I am not rude nor arrogant. I just seem to have a problem with him whenever he is here in the middle of me and Jennie. Like last time, he kissed her hand before entering his car. He went to my house at midnight just to give a purse to Jennie.

Can you believe it?

Suddenly, Jennie grabs his hand back, "You don't need to introduce yourself politely with a rude person." She says as the girl beside her, which is her friend apparently, smirks devilishly at me as if I were some kind of a bad person who has been arrested here.

"So, kissing another person's wife, taking a purse to her house at midnight, and asking her to have dinner here doesn't call rude, huh?" I ask sarcastically as Jennie widens her eyes in shock. Maybe, she just realizes that I know that crook kissed her hand or maybe took her to dinner.

"Oh, you saw us that day." The man smiles, and I want to rip off his head right now before he could try to humiliate me anymore. "Ms. Manoban, right? Don't you know how to greet people when you meet new friends or something? Jennie told me you are a great businessman. Haven't known about that?"

His words make my blood boil, "How about asking her to dinner?"

"She came here with me," Her friend, Irene exclaims, but I don't want to talk with her right now, so I ignore her, "Is it some kind of greeting, too? Or, being so kind to take a purse to her at midnight, even if knowing that she is married, and you are a fucking man."

I stand face to face with him only to have him step back, "Huh? No answer?"

"How about the beautiful lady there?" He points at Somi, "Is it more considerate to hang out with a woman, leaving your wife at home?"

"She is my friend!" I shout, not caring that a few guests already look at us.

"Well, Jennie is also my friend. In fact, she is my sister's best friend. I don't know what is so wrong to have her to taste a few dishes my restaurant offers."

Why don't I know that this damn man owns this fucking restaurant?

"It's wrong when you do everything to get into my wife's pants, and she is so naïve to notice that!" I fire back instantly as a tiny hand hits my cheek with a full force. I glance to see Jennie taking her hand back before wiping a tear falling down her cheek.

What the hell am I talking? I let my anger and pride control my mind. "Jennie," I mumble as she runs outside the restaurant as I bolt to follow her only to be blocked by her friend's angry eyes shooting me. "Don't!"

Then, she lets her brother follow Jennie as if he is her husband, and I am not her wife. "She is my wife. You should let me follow her. Not your damn brother!"

"You have no right. You hurt her." I sigh, looking at Ella who is waving at me with worried eyes.

"Listen, Irene, right?"

She nods, still annoyed.

"I don't have any attention to hurt your friend. I am sorry, okay?" I soften my voice as she looks at me with an unsure expression.

"Lisa, I don't know how to explain this to you, but Jennie Kim loves you. My best friend fucking loves you, and if you hurt her again and again, even if it's not my brother who takes her away, someone else will do, so be careful if you still want this marriage." She shoots me a final glare before bolting after the two.

"Wait, Irene!" I yell, running after her. "This is my number. If you find her, please let me know where she is, okay? I do care about her." I grit my teeth, hating myself for making her cry like that before handing her my business card with my phone numbers on it.

She hesitantly takes it, nodding and leaves.

I go back to the table to see Ella frowning. "What's it, Ella? Are you mad?"

"I saw Jennie Unnie crying again." She mumbles softly, sadness displays in her eyes.

"Ella, it's your Lisa's problem. Stop bothering her," Somi replies in a serious tone for the girl to stop.

"No, it's okay, Somi. I shouldn't have let Ella witness something like that."

"What were you talking that make her slap you? Gee, this girl!" Somi blurts out, caressing my cheek, but I grab her hand, slightly seizing it away. "It's my fault. I talked nonsense because of anger."

"Alright, I am sorry for making you feel bad, Ella. So now, what do you want to eat?" I ask, ignoring Somi staring at me as if I were an alien.

After we eat, and I have nothing else besides a glass of water; suddenly, my phone rings with an unknown number flashing on the screen.

"Hello,"

"Lisa, we find Jennie now, but she refuses to go with us." Irene's voice echoes through my phone as music blasts in the background.

"Where is she?"

"I'll send you the address."