29. Will You Go To Prom With me?

Natalie

              "Nadia can you drive me home now" I whined, on the verge of falling asleep

        "Nadia can you drive me home now" I whined, on the verge of falling asleep. We had been hanging out all day from shopping, to going out to lunch, we still had one stop to make though. "Girl, we still gotta pick up your dress, you'll be alright", she said driving in the direction of the studio.

   "Ughhhhh" I groaned, shifting in the seat to get comfortable. "I can't wait to see it tho" I peeked up a little, thinking about it.

"Yes girl, I already know you finna be bomb. There's no question in that"

"Thanks friend" I said, giving her a kiss on the cheek. Taking out my phone, it's another notification from Instagram, somebody dming about Laila and Julian at prom together. If I saw another picture of them, I'm close to throwing my phone out the window. They went semi-viral for a video of them kissing and showing off their drip for prom. I simply liked the post and kept it pushing, that didn't mean I wanted to see it every five seconds. The more I saw it, the more my blood boiled. It was suppose to be me, standing next to him and us showing off our color together but life has other plans.  "What's wrong" Nadia looked at me oddly.

    "I hate social media" I spat in all seriousness. "Having followers can be a blessing and a curse."

   She chuckled and nodded in agreement. "I agree but why you say that"

   "Because once they get use to seeing you with someone, they won't stop bringing the fucker up" my voice raising little by little. "It's bad enough I follow him so I constantly see him down my timeline".

    "Just unfollow him then" she suggested as if it's the easiest thing ever.

    I shook my head, looking at her out the corner of my eye. "Yeah,no. It might sound a little crazy but the breakup is still fresh. Meaning wanting to keep tabs on him isn't weird or anything, right?" She stared at me blankly, blinking. "Besides, I don't want nobody thinking I'm pressed over the breakup. Me unfollowing him will only raise suspicion".

      "Well are you pressed about it" she questioned, pulling into a parking spot in front of the building. It wasn't many cars in the area, and the environment seemed very quiet.

   "Kinda. Then again I was with that boy for almost a year and the way things went up in flames so quickly still messes with my head." I admitted, finally letting the load off my shoulder. I walked around as if it didn't bother or like he never crossed my mind. That's impossible when you spend damn near everyday with a person, whether it's talking, texting, or just being in each other's presence.

    "You have every right to feel this way. You're in love, its normal" she empathize the love part, making me cringe. I have a very complicated relationship with love, sometimes I wish it wasn't a feeling. The word itself just bring so much chaos, happiness and pain all at once. "I guess" I mumbled, getting out the car, and opening the door to the place. Soft jazz music played throughout the place, fabric thrown across the floor, along with tap measures. Three people were scattered in different areas, working on different projects.