9. Do Not Disturb (PT. 2)

Natalie

         Standing in the kitchen, I looked through the slide door, seeing them going at it once again

         Standing in the kitchen, I looked through the slide door, seeing them going at it once again. Fixing two plates and some juice, I rolled my eyes. Opening the door, I went back into the kitchen getting the plates and sending them on the table under the umbrella. I brought out some cups of cranberry juice to help them wash down the chicken tenders and Cajun fries.

        Nathan and Louis stood at a long range from each other, throwing the ball back and forth. Walking in the middle of their game, I got the ball, surprising myself. The both of them clapped their hands and I gladly took a bow. "I cooked some food, take a break and eat".

    "Yes ma'am" Louis trailed off taken aback and rushed towards the seat. Nathan saluted me, joining him at the table. Digging in my pocket, I had a small bottle of hand sanitizer, squeezing a little into both of their hands. "Enjoy" I said, going back in the house , planning on doing the exact same thing.

     "THANKS NAT" the two yelled with a mouth full, I gave them a thumbs up. Taking my plate in the living room, I sat in front of the flat screen tv, using the remote to press on the Netflix app. Looking through my shows, I eagerly clicked on Legacies, I'm hyped that season two finally came on, I'm in the middle of the seventh episode.

    Ju😍: you've been neglecting me...

  Really???

   He's been practicing non-stop for the game coming up next week against my school. I'm excited but I'm not choosing any sides. Whatever happens, happens.

Ju😍: Fuck texting, I wanna see you.

    Seconds after the message sent, my phone started ringing. Answering it, I continued to eat my food as he looked at me confused. "Someone's hungry" he observed, trying not the laugh.

   "Shut the fuck up" I said, taking a big bite of another chicken tender. "What's up babe" I said, giving him my full attention.

   "Nothing, I'm calling because I miss you" he pouted and put the phone towards the ceiling to hide me blush. "Also I wanted to know if Nathan said anything to you about the plays" my smile quickly turned into a frown.

   "Wow, you only called to get the inside scoop of what their plan is for the game." I was highly upset and tempted to hang the phone up in his face. "Especially since we haven't got the chance to really talk this week, get the fuck off my phone.", I pressed the red button, ending the call.

    Going to his contact, I put his contact on Do Not Disturb. Slamming the phone down, I wasn't even in the mood to watching anything anymore. Winning wasn't that deep, especially  basically cheating your way into a win. The fact that he tried to use me to try to get information out of my brother is sick. I get the pressure that he's feeling to get them to the playoffs, but losing one game won't be that bad. I'm sure he'll be more proud, earning that accomplishment on his own and not snooping around.