43. Its Always Something

Natalie

        I quietly closed the door, holding the overnight bag in my hand

I quietly closed the door, holding the overnight bag in my hand. Movement could be heard coming from the kitchen and Nathan instantly peeked his head from behind the wall. "You went to Aubrey's house huh" he spoke up, giving a knowing smirk. "Your lying ass" he taunted while eyeing my movements carefully. "Your not walking funny or anything, so you didn't sin last night"

Walking further into the house, I sighed. Putting my bag on the sofa, I joined Nathan in fixing a bowl of cereal for breakfast. "How was your night"

He let out a big breath, cheesing from ear to ear. "Rebecca and I made a whole movie out here. The sex after prom, bomb ass hell, we went roundssssss. I'm talking all night typa shi-". He was going to continue until I put my hands up for him to stop. "I don't wanna hear about you fucking Rebecca, nasty"

      Nathan and I were really close but I draw the line at talking about our sex life. Somethings are meant to keep between you and the significant other. Scooping another spoonful of Apple Jacks in my mouth, he seemed stuck in a trance of reminiscing about last night. He opened his mouth to speak but soon momma came rushing downstairs with Luke right behind her. They both were in their pajamas looking like they were on cloud nine and it's obvious what they did last night. Momma struggled to keep her balance, holding on tightly to the counter. I scrunched my face up in disgust seeing Luke with a wide smirk on his face, like he'd just won the lottery.

     "Did you enjoy yourself" momma asked, biting into a granola bar. "You still seem a little tired"

     I nodded, smiling from all the memories. "I had so much fun, I felt like cinderella" I beamed with a happy expression. Having that much fun really took my mind off a lot of things. School has been stressing me out a lot lately and this weekend is very much needed to drift me away from the thoughts.

     "Yea I had a really good time" Nathan emphasized moving his eyebrows up and down. Luke walked over to him, dapping him up, already knowing what he was hinting at. Mom and I instantly rolled our eyes in disgust, just nasty. "Your dumbass really gone  dap him up like that's shit cute" she asked in annoyance. "To young to be doing all that shit anyways"

         After a moment of brief silence, my mother and Luke kept looking at each other, mentally talking with their hands. He then clapped gaining all of our attention, taking a dee breath. "So your mom and I have been talking for awhile now" he trailed off, looking off to the side. "I'm gonna throw this idea out there and we're gonna listen to you guys opinion on the topic"

      That alone made me believe some bullshit was gonna come out his mouth. "How would y'all feel about moving into another house" he asked in a rushed tone. He quickly looked off to the side, not wanting to see our reactions. Moving wasn't an issue for me but I didn't wanna leave my current high school. "My only question is would we be moving schools" Nathan spoke up, reading my mind. Out the corner of my eye, I saw momma nod her head. "Yes because we're moving in a whole other district, closer to family"

     I let out a bitter laugh, knowing they've probably already brought the house anyways before asking our opinion. "I'm suppose to be captain next year" I said aloud. "There isn't away, I can just drive back over here"

      "Can we stay at a friends house or something? We have a few options" Nathan suggested. "We could stay during the week and see y'all on weekends"

      It wasn't even a question to know that mom isn't sold on the idea. Their mind is obviously made it and have no plans on changing it. I have friends at other schools anyways from being on the dance team so it probably wouldn't be so bad. I'm gonna miss seeing Julian and Aubrey in class though. I won't be able to see them that often on daily basis, the thought saddens me. I really hope that this doesn't bring a wedge between Julian and I's relationship.

      "When are we moving" Nathan questioned with a irritated expression on his face. It was evident that he wasn't to happy about this move either. Luke gave us a small smile, "we're gonna start moving once the school year ends".

         Putting the bowl and spoon in the sink, I grabbed my belongings, running upstairs. Something always had to ruin my high of happiness somehow. Staring around the room, I almost shedded a tear , just thinking of leaving this house. A lot of good and bad memories are in this one household, it hurts to know I'll be letting them go soon. Then apart of me feels that maybe a fresh start is needed from all the bullshit that's happened this year and last year. It could help me getaway from all the toxic individuals in high school and focus more in my senior year.

The only issue would be breaking the news to Julian. Knowing his personality, he would make it harder than it has to be. Laying down, I scooted under the covers, wanting to nap away the sorrows. Before I could fully shut my eyes, my phone vibrated from under the pillow, causing me to jump. Reaching for it, Aubrey's contact name cam across the screen. Sighing, I answered the phone and her bright smile lit up the atmosphere. "Hey frie- what's wrong" her smile turned into an instant frown, showing concern. "Are you cramping, sick, you gotta bad grade"

She named all the usual things that would make me feel this way. I shook my head, sitting up to get a better angle of myself. Mentally, I decided whether to wait or tell her now, it made sense because she's already on the phone anyways. "Mom and Luke just broke the news that we're moving. Senior year, I won't be over here anymore" Aubrey took in what I said, nodding her head. "Imma miss you but there's nothing stopping us from seeing each other. Join the dance team over so we can be in competition."

"Besides you need to move from all the shit with Samuel, Brent, Ronnie, you need to start focusing on you" Aubrey continued going on the rant. "I bet you were gonna fight with your parents, find every solution to staying over here."

"Okay but imma miss the team, you , Julian" I stressed and she still shook her head in disapproval. Pointing her finger in the camera, she flipped her hand on one side of her shoulder. "Let me tell you something, you know the team will always be open arms for you, we're all like sisters. I will always be there, no matter what school or how far you are"

"As for Julian no matter where you move, if he really likes you, he'll find a way to make it work"

        Taking in everything, it made me feel a little bit better but scared in the same tone. I didn't want anything in the relationship to change but this would ultimately let me know if what we have is strong of not. "Besides we have two more months school and a whole summer. Don't overthink the situation."

    "I'll try not to" I mumbled, snuggling my head back in the fluffy pillow.