Epiloque

7 years later....

Julian

      Spinning around in the office chair, it felt good to have authority

Spinning around in the office chair, it felt good to have authority. "Sit his case files on my desk, I'll check them tomorrow", I instructed my assistant who did as told. Once she left out the room, I looked through the file shaking my head. These domestic violence investigations are getting worse by the minute and it hurt my heart that women and children went through this. The thought of something like this happening to my wife and keys, makes my stomach hurt.

Standing outside my office, I used my key to lock it. I twisted the door knob making sure it's secure and I made my way towards my car. "Bye, Mr.Kingston" the lady at the front desk said as I have her a quick head nod. I was rushing home since tonight is family night and I knew my wife would kill me for being a second late. It's a special night for the both of us since our lives are so hectic during the week, we don't get much time to spend with the kids.

My phone rung and Noah's name popped up on the screen. Shaking my head, I pressed the green button, knowing it's finna be some bullshit. "Yes Noah" I said in a uninterested voice, he always has something going on.

   "Is that any way to greet your little brother" he questioned in offense. "You got something going on tonight" he asked, as I sighed loudly.

   "What do you want, my nigga" I asked in irritation, wishing he would get to the point instead of beating around the bush.

  "Can you take my girl and I to the movies" I laughed as he huffed at my reaction. "Where dad and Neenan at" I asked hoping one of them could take him. I've been working all day and playing Uber driver isn't one of the plans for tonight.

   "Why can't you just invite her to the house" I asked as he had an attitude on the other side of the phone. "I use to just invite my girl in high school over and we watch movies at the house".

    "Yes I remember, I was there" Noah responded. "I don't have no money anyways, so maybe it's for the best".

    I scrunched up my face. "So how the fuck was you gone pay for the movie" the line got quiet for a minute, the only heard was his breathing.

   "I was hoping you'd pay for me and her" instead of responding, I hung up the phone not bothering to answer as he called back. It's night and I wasn't in the mood for his dramatics. He always wanted to go somewhere but never had a dime to his name. He never ask for the money in advance, the boy love waiting till' the day of.

      After parking my car, I grabbed my briefcase and pressed the button on the car keys to lock the door. Walking inside the house, the fresh smell of spaghetti filled my nostrils, making a smirk appear on my face. "Daddy" Kenya and Kennedy screamed with wide smiled on their face. These are my two bundle of joys and they are the best thing that ever happened to me. I never saw myself being a family man or even marrying somebody. "Hey my little sunshines" I greeted the both of them, hugging them tightly. "What y'all doing" I asked as they started naming stuff off the top of their head.