53. Tapes

Natalie

      I sighed, putting another pack of clothes into an old book bag

      I sighed, putting another pack of clothes into an old book bag. I never realized how much crap I had until I've literally had to pick up every nook and cranny around the room. There were earring sitting around that I haven't been able to find in years, right under my nose. Tossing the bag to the side, I let out a much needed breath. Wiping the drop of sweat from the tip of my nose, my phone rung, gaining my attention.

      "Hey Brey" I greeted, doing weird poses in the camera. Propping up the phone, I did a three-sixty, showing my basic outfit. "You gettin' thick friend" she complimented, I opened my mouth, using my hand to cover it. I squatted doing a light twerk. "Them tryouts been having me get right" I emphasized.

      Tryouts are finally over, giving me more free time to just sit around. "You made the team, right" Aubrey asked in a knowing tone. "I already know you did, why did I ask that dumb question"

"Of course. We should have a stand battle at one of the games" I suggested, getting excited at the thought. Aubrey and I enjoyed having a mini competition, we did it in practice on a daily basis. We challenged each other and it pushed us to get better. "If it's just between us tho, I don't need nobody children getting in they feelings"

I nodded in agreement. "Surprisingly the girls at WoodWind are cool though, so it wouldn't be bad"

"Have you took a tour of the school yet" she questioned. I nodded in response, folding an old shirt that happened to be laying around. "No I'm suppose to be going up there tomorrow and a student pose' to show me around"

"That's good girl, I hope you enjoy your senior year" she said and I smiled. "I hope you will to and if you ever feel stressed, call me"

"Practice ends around the same time up there so I can call at the usual time" I said, clapping my hands as a indication to move on to the next topic. "Are Jeremy and you official now" I wiggled my eyebrows, moving my head from side to side, earning a side-eye from her.
Her face went blank but it slowly turned into a wide smile, somewhat answering my question. "Soooooo"

"Yes we're together" she gushed, finally breaking out and saying it. "It's been the best few days of my life"

"Usually putting a title on a relationship really makes everything weird or the guy starts acting different"

   "I'm glad your happy, I feel like y'all gone make it beyond high school" I said, believing that it could happen. Aubrey wasn't anti-boy but she never really gave anyone the time of day, she just entertained them by texting back and FaceTiming. To see the journey of her falling for Jeremy really surprised the hell outta me, I feel like a proud mother.

    "You and Julian have something special to" she complimented. "Can you say love"

    "I actually said it to him the other day" I mentally face palmed myself, remembering how nervous I was. I could barely look him in the eyes after that. "I can't believe I said it first and I would always sa-"