4. The Nerve

Hey yallllllll!!! Enjoy the chapter

Natalie

          The sun beamed down on me, brightening to glow of my melanin skin

The sun beamed down on me, brightening to glow of my melanin skin. I rocked back and forth in the wooden chair on the porch, being careful not to kick the flower pots. The red roses sat up perfectly , adding decoration to the plain yet beautiful front yard. Taking in the scenery , cars passed by leaving trails of dust behind.

Ronnie sat next to me, smoking a vape, while I sipped on a wine cooler. The breeze hit us every now again, brushing away the heat. "Oh girl, I forgot to tell you" she blurted out, turning towards me. "Julian told me to tell you that he needs to speak to you"

I tilted my head in confusion. "Did he mention why" I responded in pure confusion. Him and I have never had a real conversation , outside of indirect ones. Reason why because everyone knew that I wasn't too fond of him.

She smacked her lips, rolling her eyes. "He act like the shit was top secret or something. I hope it ain't no dumb shit" , she then perked up in her seat. "Ask him, maybe he gonna tell you that he like me or secretly in love with me. He didn't wanna tell me because he didn't wanna confess his love for me, this early in the game."

I stared at her wide eyed, already knowing that definitely wasn't the reason behind it. Ronnie has a tendency to run her mouth a lot and I'm pretty sure he didn't want the whole world knowing. "First off, he has a girlfriend and that's a little absurd don't you think"

"Girl please, Laura ain't nothing special, if I wanted him , I could've had him"

But you want him and you still don't have him...

Non of my business.

Shrugging my shoulders, it was best not the reply. A FaceTime call lapped across my phone screen , Brent💛. I smiled, pressing the answer button, stepping on the side of the house. Sometimes he would call to vent and I didn't need Ronnie spreading it around, that's personal. "What you want Brent" I asked in a playful annoyed tone.

He smirked in the camera, his caramel skin glistening, and his dreads pulled back in a low ponytail. "Okkayyyy my mans got them dreads looking nice" I hyped him up, laughing. "You taking one of your lil hoes on a date" I asked giving him a side-eye.

"Nah, I am having a party tonight though. My parents out of town for the weekend" Brent said happily, turning the camera around to the show the set up. "This finna be the best one yet. All the bad bitched gone pop out tonight, it's gone be litty three tities"