24. Im disappointed

Julian

    Heated is an understatement, I sat in the car fuming

    Heated is an understatement, I sat in the car fuming. Looking out the window it took everything in me not to roll out the car and start a riot up at the school. Out the corner of my eye, I could see my dad, eyeing me out the, his jaw clenched. He was gripping the wheel so tight that one wrong move, the stirring wheel would come off. "THIS THE SHIT YOU BEEN DOING" he yelled, pulling into the driveway, wasting no time, turning off the car and giving me his full attention. "ARE YOU FUCKING STUPID" he questioned. Thinking it's a rhetorical question, I just stared at him, wincing at him raising his hand to hit me. "ANSWER THE FUCKING QUESTION".

   "No" I flinched as he shifted in his seat, laughing to himself. "Wrong answer".

    I'm suppose to call myself stupid??

    "Your suppose to say yes" he responded and I looked at him confused. "That's what you've been acting like".'

   "The sneaking out, failing class and now you vandalizing school property." He went off, going inside the house. "They couldn't sent your ass to jail and you pissed off about a damn football season", he said in disbelief, holding out his hand. Avoiding eye contact, I stared at the ceiling not wanting to look him in the eye. The way is the lines on her forehead crinkled and the devious gaze in his eyes, I was scared I'll turn into stone. Snatching my phone out my hand, he then rushed to my room, unplugging the tv and the game. I almost had a mental breakdown right then and there because this is going a little to far. Is it really this damn deep?

"I can't even keep the tv" I asked in annoyance as he took everything, throwing it in his closet without a care in the world. I continued to follow him around the house, until he gave me some type of response. "Nigga, no. Your suspension will be spent catching up on all that school work piled up on the bed. You won't be going out, not even to take out the damn trash. Before Christmas break starts, your ass will be turning in your assignments that Friday".

"Do you understand" he asked as stood in the middle of the floor, not knowing what to say.

"B-"

"DO YOU FUCKING UNDERSTAND, ITS A SIMPLE QUESTION" he yelled again, cutting me off. He turned around, trying to calm himself down but the way he was breathing, that obviously wasn't working. "Looking at you makes me wanna slap the black off your ass. You staying with your mother the whole time along with Christmas break, I'm not dealing with this"

"So when things get hard, sending me away is your best option" I argued , catching him off guard. What was sending me away to my mother gonna do? Then the fact that he couldn't even spend Christmas over here was blowing me even more. He should be thankful that the consequences weren't big besides me getting suspended. At least I'm not sitting in a jail cell or on the way to a court case. Never have I made my dad this upset with me so it's weird seeing him act in such a manner.

"Julian I've been trying, it's nothing else I can do. I'm drained" he plopped down on a chair, massaging his temples. "The sneaking out, coming to school high" he shrugged his shoulders at a lost for words. "Punishing you isn't doing nothing, it's the same cycle over and over again".

"Maybe your mother can work some special magic because right now, this ain't working".

"Besides I don't need your bad behavior rubbing off on your younger brother. You suppose to be setting an example and you out here acting like you own no type of common sense" he lectured as I stood up feeling stupid. The last thing I wanted to do was be a bad influence on Noah. He's a little brother and a son to me, I don't know how I'll react if he was out doing have of the shit I'm doing. I'll be scared of him having a potential addiction to drugs or him possibly going to jail for something so dumb. "This ain't who I raised you to be. This new attitude needs to go before things get worse for you."

My father was right, this isn't me. The rebellious gene isn't in my blood, it just appeared out of nowhere. Did it come from peer pressure or the need to fit in? That's something I don't really know the answer to at the moment. Trying to prove a point to others has done nothing but dig a unnecessary hole. I hated that everything I've done has had a negative impact on everybody that I love.

In the span on a month, I've managed to lose the closet people to me. Jeremy, Natalie, and even Nathan. Those are always people that I can count on through thick and thin, the smallest situation ruined it all. Jeremy won't even spare me a glance or even open his mouth to talk to me. I though is arguing would be a once time thing and we'll move past it but obviously not. Betraying Nathan wasn't right but I felt like it was best for the team for whatever reason.

Last but not least, Natalie. She's been there for me through a lot of shit and vice versus. It's weird not having her near me everyday or talking to her on a daily basis. Knowing that she'll probably be moving on soon, is truly heartbreaking but then again I've made no moves to get her back.

I've made the bed so now it's time to lay in it.

I knew once my mom heard the issue, shouldn't wasn't gonna be to happy either but it's whatever. Maybe this is finally what I needed to open my eyes to the bigger picture and see that this isn't the path for me.

     "Let me tell you something" he got up in my face, shoving me on the sofa. "Don't you ever let me here about you doing no shit like this again or it's gone be some problems" he said sternly, not a shift in eye contact.

    "You cheating to win games and shit, that's a punk bitch move" he spat disgusted. "Nathan had every right to kick your ass because my team probably would've done worse. That was pathetic". He pointed his sharp index finger into my chest, leaving a sting. "That's suppose to be your homie and you doing him like that".

  "I'm glad Jeremy came to sense and stopped hanging with you because you've definitely lost your mine" he went on. "Tighten up before I give you a reason to".

    "Get the fuck outta my face" he demanded as I wasted no time going upstairs. I could hear him yelling on the phone with my mother, on a rant as I packed up my bags. "IM FINNA KILL HIM" he yelled. "I'm sitting up in that school building looking dumb as hell because I had no damn idea"

  "Got me out here looking like I'm a bad parent who don't give a damn about my child, that definitely not the case. I just trusted him enough to do what's right but apparently that's wrong".

    "I'm more so disappointed, Julian ain't never did no shit like this".

-
Wellll... that was intense. Just a filler chapter of what happened once he went home.

    This next few chapters are gonna be a few time skips so bare with me please. 😭