52. Last day

Julian

        Taking out another random, I dug further in the back seeing a bunch of untouched school work from the beginning of the year

Taking out another random, I dug further in the back seeing a bunch of untouched school work from the beginning of the year. This being the last week of school, the administration told all students to clean out their lockers. It was a bittersweet moment, making me reminisce of all the memories that happened right here. I tossed the papers into the enormous trash bags the teachers gave us, mine was halfway full.

"This shit is hella heavy" Jeremy closed his locker, wiping the imaginary stray of sweat off his forehead. Dropping the bag into the nearby trash can , he took a second to look at his locker. He held out his arms, leaning his head against it, pretending to give it a hug. "I'm gonna miss you" he coped as I stared at him in confusion. Being the dramatic fucker he is, he pecked the locker really quick, then quickly looked around to see if anyone caught that.

"When a bump pop up on your lip, I don't wanna hear nothing" I commented, catching him off guard. "You saying my locker dirty or something" he said putting a hand on his chest as if he's offended.

"It ain't clean" I emptied the binder of useless notes in the big trash can, smiling at how lighter my book bag seemed. "You know how many people be leaning against them lockers after gym and all. Let's not act it ain't no dirty motherfuckers here because boy I've seen some trifling things"

Jeremy nodded in agreement. "I thought once you in high school kids would know how to handle themselves"

"Obviously not here" I literally shivered at the thought of the horrendous scenes from the bathroom. It's bad to the point where I hold my shit until I'm in the comfort of my own home.

We were now walking towards the track since the option of going back to class wasn't the option. The teachers weren't giving out any work, or was just free periods all day. Sitting on the bench, I heard a few noises seeing my rebellious girlfriend and Aubrey in the other side near the trees, smoking a backwood. Instead of shouting her name, I decided to text her, not wanting to disturb their peace. "They bad asses suppose to be in class, they out here skipping" Jeremy scolded, scoffing in disappointment. "Can I tell you something" Jeremy spoke, his tone changing into a serious mode.

Stuffing my phone back into my pants pocket, I turned towards him, giving my full attention. "What's up" I raised an eyebrow, hoping the news wasn't bad. I couldn't stand to hear another thing of bad news. After going to Ronnie's funeral, I couldn't help but feel a guilty conscious from the way I treated her during the year. Maybe if things were handled a different way, she would've still been walking the halls. Being with her wasn't on my agenda but attending her funeral this early in age, really tore me apart.

    As soon as someone walks in the building, a big poster of Ronnie is hanging on the wall holding a volleyball in her hand. Hundreds of red roses, pictures, and old assignments were around in loving memory. Some of family even came and contributed to the wall.