2. Things Change (PT.2)

Julian

       Tapping my pencil against the desk, the only person talking was the teacher

       Tapping my pencil against the desk, the only person talking was the teacher. Other students took notes, while I sat in the back of class, fiddling with my eraser. Leaning back in my chair, I took out my phone, going on Instagram. Clicking on Natalie's story, she was posing in the camera with some random chick in the background. She seemed happy at her new school while I couldn't stand the sight of this one.

     "Dude, could you at least pretend to pay attention" Jeremy whispered, as I harshly put the phone on the table. "Happy now"

    "Very" he responded, writing the notes for health. "You wanna go on a road trip this weekend" he questioned.

      I furrowed my eyebrows in confusion. "Wasn't that something between you and Aubrey".

    "Aubrey wanted to invite Natalie and I thought about you to"

      I shrugged not knowing how to answer that. I haven't been talking to Natalie often this summer because of us going our separate ways. We're still together, I've just been blowing her off unintentionally. "Imma call her later" I simply said, leaving the conversation at that. The bell rung, moving us to the next period, the first few days of school always seemed dragged out.

       Stopping by my locker, I unlocked it. Stuffing my enormous binder back into it, I took out my gym clothes. Gym was another free period because we never did anything, unless my coach made some players from the football team do a couple of drills. As long as you dress out and look like you participating, the grade is amazing. Feeling a smack to my shoulder, I quickly turned around swinging head first until I caught a glimpse of who it was. "Gon' mess around and get ya ass beat, homie" I joked, closing my locker.

     "Never that" Carter said, walking with me towards the lunch room. "Me and the crew going to hit up a party tonight, you down", he asked as I kept a uneasy expression on my face. "Man, ion know, I got practice today".

     Once practice ended, going to bed is the only thing on my mind. Plus, I still had to convince my father and I wasn't in the mood for that. At the moment, my dad wasn't to fond of me leaving the house, so that immediately crossed me out. "I do to. I know you gotta be stressed out we all this work and extra pressure out football. Enjoy a fat blunt and a couple of drinks". The idea sounded amazing but I needed to cut down off that since the season started.  One more session won't hurt, I need something to take my mind of things.

    Carter and I met at a party during the summer. We know each other from school but never really had any conversation. He played baseball for the school and is very known because of it. He's the only one not constantly reminding me about practice or on me about studying. Hanging out with him and his friends became a breath of fresh air.

    We both sat at the lunch table  , attracting the rest of the friend group to come over. Joesph, Owen, Wyatt, Laila, and Jaylen sat down. All of them said their greeting and the conversation instantly started up. "Y'all fucking with the new hair, the bitches loving it" , Jaylen whipped her hair to the side, showing off her bright orange air. If the lights turned off, I'm sure you could still spot her from a mile away.