14. Not Me

Natalie

       I did the stand once again, making sure the moves flowed together well

I did the stand once again, making sure the moves flowed together well. Aubrey and I were working on another stand to introduce to the team next practice. Leaning down, I grabbed the purple towel in front of me, wiping the small beads of sweat away. The band music in the background had been cut off, signaling it was now time to be heading towards the exit.

        Picking up my gym bag, I stood behind in the dance room waiting for my coach to her usual dismiss speech. After every practice she usually had some type of announcement or naming things were could do better on. "After this week we have a game so please bring your makeup bags. Don't forget dance shoes and your uniforms have already been washed." Coach spoke flipping her hair to the side. She gave us a weird look, shooing us away. "Out of my site please and thank you"

        Aubrey and I made our way out the school , sitting outside on the mini benches in the front building.  "I can't even feel my legs, I'm limping like hell" I complained , placing my feet gently on the ground.

      She chuckled, nodding in the agreement. "The way I've been walking lately, you would've thought I've gotten some good dick or sum" she paused, giving me a side-eye, raising her eyebrow slightly. I gasped scooted a  little in shock and excitement. "Yup, I finally got that d"

      I clapped my hands happily, then frowned. "I'm glad someone's getting it, I haven't got any in almost a year." I wiped the fake tears off my face. "I miss being a virgin so that way feening for dick wouldn't be a thing right now"

        "Exactly, well I'll see you later, my mom is here"

   I waved in response. "Tell your mom I said hey"

    She nodded walking off and I proceeded towards the back parking lot space that no one occupied. For some reason after school this was always somewhere I could come when feeling stressed, like some type of weird safe place, the back of a school building. It was never occupied except for like maybe one or two cars parked.

     JuJu💕: I'm pulling up in the back now so just hop in. Thanks

     I stared at the phone, wondering why this wasn't a question instead of a command. Soon enough his car swung around in front of me and got in the passenger seat, sitting my handful of stuff down. Closing the door, I looked over at him, seeing him already stare down at me. "The nerve of you to just assume that I was gonna come in this car"

     Julian shrugged driving on to the main road. "So I can't get a hey or how was your day" he asked ignoring my prior statement. "This is how you treat me"

      I playfully rolled my eyes at his dramatics as he pulled into a Wendy's parking lot. My heart fluttered thinking of the meal that would bless my stomach any minute now. He joined the line in the drive thru, facing me , giving me the signal to tell him my order.

       "I want the eight nuggets and a large fry please. Oh and add a frosty to that. That sounds so good at the moment" I sighed dramatically leaning my head against the seat.

"For someone small, you can eat a whole menu if you wanted"

I gave him the middle finger, earning a light chuckle from him. "When" he asked propping his arm up on the passenger seat. "Pick a time and place" he continued on , laughing at my uncomfortable facial expression. Although the aura seemed to be in a jokingly manner, if I would've said yes, he gladly would've took up the offer. "I'm just playing".

He ordered our food and pulled up to the front, in a parking spot. Adjusting the seat backwards a little more, it gave me enough room to eat and spread out my binder to finish this small worksheet. Digging in my fanny pack, I pulled out some sanitizer, squirting a small amount inside my hands. He held his hand out for some, and I gave him around the same amount. "Ooohhh this finna be bussing" I said digging my hands hungrily inside the bag. "Sooo are you ready for the next upcoming game soon"

Julian looked over at me and smirked, nodding his head a little. "Hell yeah, I've been putting in work. You don't see it on the field"

I put my hands up in defense. "I'm just asking because y'all haven't been on a winning streak lately". It became a little depressing after awhile seeing them not winning two games back to back. "If my team standing outside dancing and playing music for y'all asses for almost three hours straight, y'all could at least make a touch down"

He chewed slowly on his chicken sandwich, giving me a dry look. "Because y'all majorettes just do so much"

"Don't do that. We put in just as much blood, sweat, and tears in our stuff just as much as you claim to do."

That really irritated me when people would downplay the band field, like playing music or dancing was something everyone could do. A lot of people couldn't remember a whole song and have to play different ones back to back. Many couldn't remember almost twenty stands and still have to remember the commands and routine for halftime. People downplayed the flag team to but they put in just as much work as everyone else.

"Okay, sorry if I offended you" he finished his sandwich, balling up the paper. "Calm down , hot head"

"Whatever" I glanced away not trying to meet his gaze. I could feel his eyes burning a whole in the side of my head. "Look at me" he demanded in a raspy voice, chills ran up my back.

Turning my head, we finally made eye contact and the emotions were definitely there. His eyes shared a mixture of sincerity and lust at the same time if that's possible. Apart of me wanted to look away but he had some spell of me, capturing me into this trance. Our bodies betrayed up by absentmindedly leaning in but no one made the move to stop. Instead our lips met, we moved in sync to our own rhythm that we created. The moment was better than any other kiss I've ever experienced or maybe in over-exaggerating.

I pulled away slowly, his teeth still tugging gently on my bottom lip. He smile in between and gladly turned it, not before feeling the ping of guilt in the back of my mind.

Your suppose to be with Ronnie not me..