6. Spending time (Pt.2)

Julian

       Running to the end zone, another touchdown was scored, leading the team to another win

       Running to the end zone, another touchdown was scored, leading the team to another win. The cheerleaders called out, doing a mini routine on the track. The crowd cheers loudly, screaming the colors of the school. "Go Hogs" was all that could be heard from the stands. The teams shook hands, wishing each other a good game and showing good sportsmanship.

    "You killed that shit" one of my teammates, patted me on the shoulder. "I'm surprised since he's been missing so many practices" one of the other players threw shade, causing me to roll my eyes. Coach already been on my ass about it, I didn't need to hear it from them to.

       Going into one of the stalls, I changed not wanting to get naked in front of the others. I've never been comfortable with that, it just felt weird changing in front of a bunch of other niggas. "This season is ours for sure" Calvin spoke confidently and I nodded as if he could see me.

        Once I was fully clothed, I grabbed my gym bag , heading towards the exit. On the way towards the front, girls stopped congratulated me and gave me hugs in support. I enjoyed having a little fan club, it warmed my heart to see that so many people supported me in and outside this school. Random people from other schools would come to the games just to see me play, it made me think this van really be my future.

      "Julian" I heard a soft voice scream out and Natalie came into view, causing a smile to form. "You did really well out there" she complimented , running into my arms.

    "I did huh" I said as we both swayed back and forth in the hug.  Natalie pulled back, scrunching her nose up, using her hand to push me away. "Love you and all but you reek of must", she dusted her self off and smelled her shirt, hoping the stench didn't linger on to her.

      Pulling out a big bag of candy from her purse, she gave it to me. My eyes widened, clutching to my chest. "You gotta be the best girlfriend , bro" the craving for sour patches as been stronger than ever. Every time we were on the phone, I always talked about it, it's one of my favorite candies. "I wanna kiss you so bad, right now" I said bending down to her short figure, lifting her chin. Our lips met, the sweet scent of her mango butter lip gloss, intoxicated me.

      "I think you deserve a reward" I whispered against her lips, smirking. She giggled, biting my bottom lip. "I'll be looking forward to that" she replied, giving me a quick peck before pulling away.

     "Don't fuck in front of the school please" Aubrey playfully pleaded, hugging on Jeremy. "The sexual tension is obvious chile" she observed and turned back into the trance of her boyfriend.

    "Says the bitch who's hugging onto Jeremy for dear life" Natalie retorted laughing as Aubrey flipped her off.

    "And I thought y'all would suck without me" Nathan joked, dapping up Jeremy and I. "Those plays were flawless, keep up the good work" he encouraged with a proud smile on his face. I respected that even though he switched teams, there wasn't any bad blood. He never purposely downed us or made any effort to make his team more superior. Apart me thought things would be terribly different but it hasn't.

    Seeing a group of figures pop out the wood works. Joseph came into view with his uniform still on, drinking a bottle of water. "I need a nap" he twisted his cap back on the bottle. "Hey Nat and Nat" he greeted the twins, earning a laugh from them.

"What's poppin" Nathan and him did a mini handshake. "Hey joe" Natalie greeted, giving him a side hug. They then greeted the rest of the crew, rekindling.

Jaylen ran up to Natalie, giving her a big hug. It caught everyone off guard since nobody knew they were aquatinted or even friends. "I miss having your aggravating ass in math with me" Jaylen groaned, hugging her tighter.

"Same, usually we would work out problems together" Natalie said with a slight pout. "How about we set up FaceTime study sessions or maybe go to each other's house" she suggested as Jaylen seemed opened to both options. Hopefully her gay ass wasn't crushing on my woman, gotta watch her.

"That touch down was admirable" Laila complimented, munching on some popcorn. She threw one up in the air , catching it in her mouth. "We should go celebrate" she threw out the idea.

"Not today, I plan on spending it with my girl and some of my teammates" I shot her down as she frowned, not to happy with the decision. She fixed her face, throwing on a fake smile. "Is sometime this weekend okay? It'll be my treat" she offered. Hearing that she'll be paying made me wanna take up the offer. "It's been a minute since we've hung out" she nudged me, hoping to make me come to a conclusion faster.

Wyatt came in between us, putt his arms around our shoulders. "What we doing this weekend" he said inserting himself into the plans. Laila smirked. "I'm thinking the skating rink, I haven't been there in months" she clapped her hands in excitement. "Please don't bail y'all, I gotta her out the house at some point, I'm losing it" she begged.

I nodded in understanding. "I get it, we'll make it happen, imma catch up with y'all later though" I said dismissing myself from the conversation.

"Bye" Laila said turning around to keep talking to Wyatt. I joined Jeremy, Aubrey, and Natalie's conversation, regarding their plans for later on tonight. "I'm thinking the arcade or some" Aubrey put the idea out and Natalie nodded eagerly. Her low ponytail swayed from her constantly swinging her head, she did it on purpose to show it off. "That sounds like fun" she squealed. "I wanna play those race car games".

"Gon' get your ass kicked like last time" Jeremy talked shit, referring to the last time we all went to the arcade. Those two are very competitive towards each other, they turned every game into a competition. It for so bad they started betting money and making the loser do dares. We almost got kicked out because the dares became them doing the unthinkable.

"Bro you won out of pure luck" she said , putting a hand on her chest in disbelief. "That game was rigged" she continued to defend herself.

    Aubrey and I shared at glance, shaking our heads. "I'm not dealing with this all night" she spoke, face palming herself. "I will be leaving both of y'all asses with Julian".

   "Who?" I looked around, thinking there must be someone with the same name as me. "I'm leaving to, we almost got banned from Dave&Busters last time" I complained as those two laughed it off.

"I had fun" Jeremy shrugged his shoulders and Natalie nodded in agreement.