49. Talking to an Angel

Ronnie

      I laid in the hospital bed feeling lifeless as usual

I laid in the hospital bed feeling lifeless as usual. The pain wasn't too bad right now but I know trying to move would instantly bring the torture back. It all seems and feels like some type of wicked nightmare but surprisingly it's my reality. The situation happened so fast that I didn't have time to process the moment. One minute I'm fighting for my life , the next I'm in a hospital bed feening to be back on my feet.

Maybe this is my reward for being spiteful, full of jealousy.

Sitting in the living room, I used an ice pack to cover up the massive pink and purplish ring around my eye. I winced at the cold air, shaking my head that I'm in even in this predicament. Currently, I was at his house, since I wasn't aloud to go back home. Samuel didn't want my parents to see my like this and I had no choice but to comply. The last thing I needed was a bunch of questions being thrown at me but I'm sure my parents are suspicious anyways.

Samuel took my phone away, leaving me room to talk to no one. He didn't wanna risk me calling the police or anything to get him in trouble. Surprisingly he left my phone on the dresser today and he's been gone for a good amount of time. I've been walking on egg shells, mentally deciding to take the risk or stay in this hell hole.

Walking to the window once again, the driveway showed no signs of his car anywhere. "Just go" I said aloud to myself , tiptoeing down the hallway as if he's home. The tiny creaks in the ground made me jump causing me to rethink this whole idea.

    Opening the door to his bedroom, I scrunched my nose at the dirty room. There were clothes everywhere, socks lingering off the bed, and a giant bag of trash sitting behind the door. Opening the drawers, my iPhone faced me, I pressed the home button and a dead battery met my eyes. Sighing, I quickly took the phone out, letting it sit on the charger. The five minutes felt equivalent to a hour because of the pent of anxiety inside.

       Seeing the screen light up, waiting for me to type in the passcode. I silently thanked god, typing in the 911 number. "Nine one-one what's your emergency" the women asked in a monotone, not sounding interesting in my problems at hand.

    "Help please! I'm being held hostage, I've been beaten badly, I have the scares to prove it" I cried out, instantly breaking out from explaining.

    "Take a deep breath, where are you currently-" I opened my mouth to answer but I heard the front door closed. The footsteps seemed loud enough to leave footprints in the ground.  I went mute, the lady continued to call out for me, awaiting a response. "Ma'am can you hear me"

"I-I-I'm-" I whispered into the phone, stuttering, watching the knob turn, I instantly felt goosebumps on my arms. Standing up, I searched for something big enough to knock him out or distract him from hurting me. "Bitch, I can't even leave you alone for a few hours" Samuel spat, eyeing her in disgust. Seeing the phone on the bed, he chuckled shaking his head. "You really on the phone with 911." Picking up the phone, he smiled hearing the lady's voice. "Bye bitches, I'm finna handle her"

Backing me into a corner, another blow came to my face, knocking me on the ground. He went in his pocket, pulling out a pocket knife, bending down to get a nice view of his damage. Digging the knife into the side of my neck, he smiled in satisfaction of me crying out for help. "This is what happened to bad girls, stop being disobedient and this wouldn't happen to you" he leaned to down, whispering the cold content in my ear.

    "Why did you do it, trynna put me in jail, I'm the only one who loves you. Nobody will ever love your dumbass, do you hear me?"

"YOU SON OF A BITCH" I shouted as Samuel stood up, shaking his head. I winced of the feeling of his feet dashing into the side of my head. Barely turning on to the strength I have left, that power behind the kick added on to my eyes closing. From then on everything went black and now I'm in a coma listening to people cry over my well-being. Apart of me felt like everything happening to me is my fault, there's many things that could've been differently, but instead I wanted to be in competition.

       I heard every word that Natalie said a few hours ago before she left and it made me wanna shed a tear. We were so close and a boy caused our long-term friendship to end on a bad note. I made those terrible decisions based off irrational emotions at time. Hearing that Julian didn't feel the same way towards me really hurt my feelings. The knife cut deeper when I found out he has a deep connection with Natalie. Communication was well needed and could've prevented a lot of those memories from spiraling.

       I thought my ex-best friend lost all her love for me. In school, she never even looked in my direction. Sometimes, I did little things on purpose to catch her attention, nothing ever worked. The mention of my name, ruined her whole mood. When I came to her crying about Samuel, she seemed emotionally exhausted.

        As much as my family and friends wanted to wake back up, I felt defeated. There wasn't enough motivation left in me to get back up, facing the consequences of life again.

      In a white, tiny room , a small figure of me sat criss cross apple sauce on a black carpet. The plain white space put you in mind of a projector, it's like watching tv. Every body that came in the room, I saw their emotions. I lost count of how many times I looked away to keep my sanity. Even if I turned from the screen, those voices still ranged whether I liked it or not.

      Hearing light footsteps behind me, a petite woman with white furry wings and a halo over her head, made an entrance. She gave me a sympathetic smile, coming over to take a seat next to me. "I'm an angel, my name is Lisa" she introduced herself, I instantly grew interested from her soothing tone.

    "I'm Ronnie, I'm pretty sure you knew that already though" I chuckled in embarrassment. "Can I ask you something"

   She smiled, gesturing for me to ask the question. "Is this my time"

         Lisa's smile turned into a deep frown. The rays of light around her kinda dimmed. I didn't wanna assume but that already answered my questions. Shrugging she opened her mouth to answer. "You've been beaten badly, it's obvious your body isn't functioning well and you've been through enough. It's time for you to move on to bigger and better things, start up a new life"

     "Excuse my language but I'm just a fucked up individual. Maybe it's meant to end right here, I'm useless"

      Lisa held my hand, reaching a hand up to wipe a stray tear that slipped down my face. "Hon, you were put on this earth for a reason. Your childhood wasn't under the best circumstances and you've made some mistakes but that's life."

      "I know you don't wanna leave your friends but it's time to rip off the bandage before their hopes get to high"

       Being here with the rest of my long lost family members would do me some good. There's nothing for me in that cruel world anymore and I've been more peaceful her than in my life.

      "Stay with us, its your time baby" I almost had a conniption, seeing my grandma in front of me for the first time in years. "I really can't believe it's you."