15. Dumber and Dumber (Pt.2)

Julian

  Two months later

Two months later...

We all sat in the locker room, sweat dripping left and right. Sitting in the air, I laid back on the bench in paradise. Even though it's fall at this point, the workout got more intense. Of course we had to get back on our grind, since the playoffs will be here soon. There couldn't be anything ruining our streak. "I wanna start some shit" a junior spoke up, catching the attention of the other guys.

"Whatcha mean" I questioned and he cleared his throat, preparing to explain. "I'm talking going woodwind and spraying their field. Play a little prank on them to spook them".

"That's a dope idea" another boy added in his two cents, all for it. I twisted my lips to the side in deep thought. The whole thing screams bad idea but fun at the same time. No one would know it's us if we come in the right attire. Besides it'll be something fun to do after constantly practicing for the last two weeks, a chance to let loose.

Jeremy stood up, shaking his head. "That's a dumb idea" he quickly shut it down and the team groaned. "If they find out, there will be no playoffs for us" he reminded everyone and no one seemed worried about it. He looked at me to back him up and shrugged my shoulders. "So your actually considering this" he asked in disbelief, chuckling to himself.

"It seems like some innocent fun" I countered. He walked up to me, pulling me outside in the middle of the hallway. "What's the problem, you need to lighten up".

"No you need to darken down" he retorted and looked at him sideways. In all my years of living, I've never heard that one. Pausing in his stance, he took a second to realize how dumb he sounded. "Disregard that but seriously this is dumb".

"We're just gonna spray paint the field, it's not going further than that" I defended them and he continued to give me a blank stare. "Your not gonna come with us" he scrunched up his face and shook his head no. Jeremy has no intentions of letting this go so I wasn't gonna try to force him into it.

"Everyday you get dumber and dumber" he mumbled but still audible. Furrowing my eyebrows in confusion, I wanted him to elaborate. "Wanna go in more detail on the topic" I challenged and he gladly accepted, trying to get his words together. It took no time for him to start going on a long rant on how've gotten worse.

"You walk around like your untouchable. We start on a winning streak and your missing practice like we can't get our asses kicked anymore." , he started off, waving his hands around in different gestures to get his point across. "Don't think I haven't noticed that your on drugs now. Fucking drugs, my nigga. Have you even mentioned to Natalie how you and Laila have been connected at the hip lately? It was cool when you were fucking up your own life but now your dragging everyone else into your shit".

I blankly stared at him, crossing my arms over my chest. "First off, there's nothing going on between Laila and I. Secondly, I'm not dragging anyone into my shit".