15. Wasting Time

Natalie

         My feet were kicked up on the sofa near Nathan, who's head was buried inside his phone

My feet were kicked up on the sofa near Nathan, who's head was buried inside his phone. On the other hand, I was engrossed in watching this show on Netflix called The Order. I started the season yesterday and so far it's been bomb for the most part.

"You know Ronnie and Julian are on a date right now" Nathan asked, clicking back and forth between her story. I nodded, inwardly rolling my eyes at the mention of them but I was somewhat happy for her. I shouldn't feel any type of way, Julian and I are just friends that happened to have a weak moment. Right?

   We're just gonna go with that sis.

    "She told they would be going out sometime this weekend" I responded, pausing the show. Sitting up, I grabbed the purple bag of skittles off the table, popping one into my mouth. "Where they at"

      Nathan shrugged, turning his head around so that his legs was on the sofa and his head was hanging off. "They look like they at a movie or something. The background is dark so I'm assuming"

     I scrunched up my face. "The movies for a first date. She made it seem like they were gonna have dinner and the whole nine"

       He scoffed, tossing his phone to the side. "No offense to your friend but he doesn't seem that into her. The movies was just a cope out to say they went somewhere"

      I laughed, playfully pushing him away.

"Don't do my best friend"

      Interrupting our conversation, my phone started ringing. I listened to the ringtone carefully, playfully rolling my eyes, knowing who it was. Picking up the phone, I saw the name Brent💛 pop up across my screen. Sliding my finger across the screen, seconds later his face popped up with an instant smile.

       Brent seemed to be sitting in the driver's seat of his car from the way his camera was set up. The sunlight kissed him well, showing his glowing caramel skin. His whole face was revealed since his dreads were pulled into a low ponytail. "Hey friend"

     I glared into the camera. "Don't hey friend me, you haven't called me in almost a week." I dramatically sniffed, wiping a fake tear. "I don't think this friendship is gonna work"

      His smile faltered into a frown, he wiped his imaginary tears. "You put me in such an uncomfortable situation, you know I'm not happy"

       I walked into the kitchen shaking my head, I connected my beats to the phone, propping it up on the counter. "I've never met such a headass in my lifetime." I giggled, hoping something good were appear in the fridge if I kept opening and closing it. "What do I owe the pleasure of hearing from you" I said in one of my best British accents.

      Brent lifted up his hand for me to stop. "Wanna be from England so damn bad" he paused. "Can anyone hear me"he asked breaking his neck trying to see if anyone was in the background.