42. Prom

Happy Valentine's Day!!!!!! All of you are beautiful and spreading love to all. Hope you have a wonderful evening 😍

My single ass will be at home but it's fine😭
Natalie

        Weeks have passed by, leading us close into ending the school year and that saddens me a little

        Weeks have passed by, leading us close into ending the school year and that saddens me a little. Being grown wasn't something for me to rush into, I didn't want the burden of having a million responsibilities. My mind was more so focused on ending out the year successfully and starting to apply to full ride scholarships.

        I went in my closet taking out the beautiful sparkling gold gown, that has a mid slit running up the thigh. Laying it on the bed, I adjusted the towel wrapped around me, feeling the cool air underneath. My hair was still under the jumbo orange bonnet, pinned up, waiting to let down full of curls. Tapping the screen on my phone, the current time popped up, easing my nerves. Seeing I still had two hours left, or was enough time for me to chill until further notice.

       Today is my birthday/prom day and all I wanted to do was sleep. School has been a pain in the ass and I hadn't been in the mood to much lately. I'm making it my mission to perk up because I'm determined to make this a wonderful night. On the nightstand, my phone continued to beep back to back from all the constant birthday wishes and random people just texting. Seeing a FaceTime call from Julian pop up, I quickly answered, seeing his face on the screen.

      Keeping the phone towards the ceiling, he furrowed his eyebrows at the camera. "Hello" he said in confusion. "Why your face not in the camera" he asked and could already hear the irritation in his voice. "I'm trynna show you my haircut and you wanna be difficult"

    "I have on a bonnet and I look a hot mess right now" I said softly, not wanting to show my face. "I look like a bum off the street"

    Julian smacked his lips, not caring. He never cared, this is a argument we have on a daily basis. He always calls when I'm looking like a day off the street but any other time he doesn't wanna be bothered. Sometimes I would do this just to aggravate him and listen to him boost up my confidence. "You know I don't care, your beautiful either way to me"

"You look cute with your bonnet on" I smiled tilting my phone up a little bit. "Well if you not gone put your face in the camera then I won't do it either" Julian concludes, making his phone face the ceiling to.

"Nooooo" I whined, fixing the camera so he could see my face, he quickly did the same. I smiled seeing his fresh cut, smirking. "You looking fine, who are you trying to impress tonight"

Julian cheesed, showing off his clean cut side burns. "It's this girl I've been dating for awhile. Her birthday is today and I'm lucky enough to be escorting her to prom" he chuckled. "I wanted to look good for her"