22. The Truth is Gonna Come Out

Julian

        I bounced on the bed, feeling the comforter ruffle underneath me

        I bounced on the bed, feeling the comforter ruffle underneath me. The note book moved and back forth on the end, with the minimum notes that I managed to copy down. Music played in the back ground, setting the calm mood and the lighting was dim because of the lights hanging up. The curtains were closed, meaning no sign of sunlight coming through the windows.

    "You finished the notes" she asked and I nodded, shoving the notebook in her face. "Yes Ms. Wins"

       Being petty, she took the notebook out my hand, using her purple ink pen to 'grade' my paper. She wrote 100% on top with a smiley face on the side. "Thanks for your participation" Natalie laughed and that beautiful smile came into contact.

    "You so fine" I blurted out , leaning on for a hug. I couldn't see her blushing but the wide smile proved my assumption. She looked good without trying , I thought that was magical.

      She turned around in my arms, facing me. "Your kinda handsome" she teased, rubbing my cheek.

   I playfully took offense. "Kinda" I paused, pushing her off me. "Girl I'm the finest man you ever seen"

    "Mmm" Natalie hummed looking off the side, crossing her arms. "You fine or whatever"

      Instead of replying, I just stared at her. Her hair was in a messy bun, a scarf tied neatly around her head. She word a Victoria Secret sports bra and a baggy pair of black sweatpants. For some reason that was a turn on for me, Laura would always dress up in the most over the top outfits to just chill on the sofa. Ronnie and recent hung out last week at main event, she wore one of the best outfits in her closet and a full face of makeup, just to play arcade games.

       🎶You got niggas and I got bitches
            You got niggas and I got bitches
            You got niggas, I want you🎶

            She got comfortable under the covers , I scrunched up my face. "You just gone leave me in the cold"

    Rolling her eyes, she held up the cover, waiting for me to get under. I stayed in the same position with a straight face. "I don't feel like your being genuine so I'm not going" she shrugged, snuggling deeper into the cover. "Why you so far" I questioned wanting to feel her warmth around me.

     Natalie lifted the blanket once again in irritation. "You coming or not because I'm not moving"

        🎶 I really want , you, you, you🎶

          Snuggling my head into her chest, I watched her scroll through Instagram reading random posts. She stopped on one and let a big sigh. "I forgot the winter ball is coming up, Christmas break is literally around the corner" she whined, going on safari to look at some dress ideas.

         Winter ball is like another version of prom, except it's cold outside and the fun is endless. The decorations are always the shit and the audience has a pretty good turn out every year. The school always makes sure the occasion is held at some five star hotel somewhere in the city and one of the hottest rappers right now are attending. I've always managed to have a good time and I plan on doing it again this year. 

     "Who you going with" I asked, hoping she would say no one. I didn't want anyone holding her hands or acting like her boyfriend for the night.

     Natalie shrugged. "This one guy wants me to go with him but I don't know yet" she glanced at me. "You going with Ronnie"

      Ronnie hasn't even crossed my mind since I've been here.

  Honestly, I didn't plan on asking her.

   Sometimes I wished I never asked Natalie to keep this on the down low and I wish I never went on that date with Ronnie.

       "Don't know" I responded. "Why, you wanna go with me instead"

    "Mmm. That would be nice but she's already been claiming you as her date" Natalie cackled going to her camera roll. Their were several screen recordings of Ronnie on Instagram live, saying she already picked out our colors.

      She played the video and Ronnie sat at her vanity reading the comments. Mostly people at her school was on the live so everyone was expecting us to show up together, wow. "Ju and I have been great, we talk mostly every day because we're the next power couple. Our colors to the dance are gonna be-Oop I don't wanna tell y'all because y'all love stealing ideas. Me and my mans finna pop out heavy, y'all not gone know what hit ya, eeoowww. That's period no tampon sis."

     "Yeah your 'girlfriend' has been telling the whole nation about y'all."

     I didn't wanna see it at first but Ronnie's starting to come off obsessive. Little by little I'm noticing her schedule is almost identical to mine. She knows when I'm out of practice or going to practice. Don't get me started on how I had to put on Do Not Disturb because she wouldn't stop blowing up my phone.

       Feeling my phone vibrate, I fished it out my pocket, twirling it around the right way. Ronnie🙁, the contact name was on my screen and I groaned.

  Ronnie🙁: you haven't been talking to me and it's starting to piss me off...

      I chuckled, deciding to just leave her on read. This chick went on live and lied saying we talked everyday, we haven't had a real conversation since the date to be quite honest. Honestly, I'm not sure if I wanna pretend to be happy go lucky with her at the ball either. We have nothing in common, we can barely keep up a conversation, she's just in love with the idea of being with me.

     In my opinion this is all a stunt to add some clout next to her name. She wants the same limelight that Laura had not to long ago and finally wanted to chance to say she's had a piece of me. I didn't wanna hurt Ronnie's feelings that was the last thing I wanted to do, but I can't keep letting this go one either. The truth is gonna come out at some point anyway, the question is who's gonna be the first one to crack?