54. The Tour

Natalie

      The whole family sat in the car, bobbing their head to another song by Roddy Rich

The whole family sat in the car, bobbing their head to another song by Roddy Rich. His songs have been playing nonstop, the whole album is a bop. "I FUCK WITH BOUJIE BITCHES FUCK A HOOD HOE" everyone screamed loudly as we passed through our new neighborhood. The houses all yelled expensive from the big front yards, the different styled bricks, and fancy cards in the driveway.

"Stop that damn cursing" my mom scolded, going right back to mumbling the lyrics. Luke sat in the drivers seat, his seat leaning back on my knees, making me feel cramped up. I never understood how driving dudes could see anything with the seat basically touching the floor. "While we're y'all are getting a tour, we'll be having a meeting with the principle"

    "Okay" Nathan and I said in unison, causing us to look at each other in disgust. We hated speaking and saying the same thing at the same time. Sometimes I forgot we were twins because we look nothing alike. Sadly, I take after my father and he looks more like momma than anybody. "Stop copying me" we said together again, I rolled my eyes.

  "Uggh"

     "I swear the two of you get on my damn nerves" momma complained. "Oh by the way, your cousin is coming in town soon"

    "Who"

   "Javon, she coming down and wanna see you two at some point"

     I got hype, doing a little dance in my seat, I haven't seen her since last summer. She's two year older than me, a sophomore in college.  "I was just thinking about her the other day"

"She still y'all to that dude" Nathan asked referring to Lamar. I shrugged my shoulders, remembering our last FaceTime call. "Last I heard, he got somebody pregnant so she cool off him"

"Whew chile" momma laughed. "The tea is piping"

Pulling up in front of the school, the colors are gold, yellow, and white. We stepped out the car, getting a full view of the campus, it reminded me of a college somewhat. Walking up to the door, I pressed the button, waiting to be buzzed in. Soon enough, the door opened automatically and we went into the spacious. There were posters of the successful basketball team and football team. The school obviously has a great history of sports

"You must be Natalie and Nathan" the principle greeted, holding out her hand for us to shake. I shook still in shock from how big the classrooms were and the gym. The cafeteria reminded you of a coffee shop. "I'm guessing your already impressed" she concluded, turning around so admire the place herself.

    "Louis the new students are here, they will be attending this fall" the principle told the student and gave us a friendly smile. "By the way my name is Mrs. Simpson"

   "Now parents, while they have the tour, I can answer I'll your questions"

      As our parents walked away, Louis clapped his hands, and started walking down the never ending hallway. "My name is Louis, I'm captain of the football team. We have a good reputation of sports and academic wise. We're the top school in the district, it always fun activities around here"