30. Disloyalty

Julian

Julian

Christmas break was officially over and we were back in the hell hole. Walking down the hallways, it felt awkward but good at the same time. It seemed like a fresh start knowing that I didn't have to fake the funk with Ronnie anymore but the questions were gonna come in soon. Opening my locker, I got out my books for physics , continuing my journey down the hallway.  Girls were pointing and whispering but surprisingly it wasn't about the situation, it was just Ronnie.

     Turning around the couple walked down the hallway, hand in hand. Samuel leaned down to kiss her forehead and she had a huge cheeky smile. Jasmine, his ex now I'm guessing, stood on the sidelines saying every curse word in the damn book. "You fuck ass, bitch ass, piece of shit ass, motherfucker ass, cunt, punta, oooooooooooooooooooooo. FUCK YOU, FUCK EVERYONE"she screamed the ending, slamming her locker shut. Teachers stood outside their classrooms doors shaking their head and some talked amongst themselves spilling the tea they heard in class.

      The double doors opened and closed, it got so quiet you could hear a pen drop. Natalie came in, she looked around confused as to why everyone was looking at her. She held her books closer to her chest probably thinking it's about the situation over Christmas break. I walked at a fast pace , making my way over to her in a sense of urgency. She looked at me oddly, as to why I was kept getting in the way of her view. "The hell is wrong with you"

   "Hey, Natalie" I said in a awkward tone leaning uncomfortably against the locker, lifting up my book bag to block her sight. "Move that shit from out my face, it's to damn early"

    "Exactly, meaning when you see this, don't be to upset" I practically begged, knowing where this could probably go. She was a hot head and sometimes she didn't think about the consequences of her actions. When she was calm or sad, she's a bit more rational when it comes to thinking.

    She looked me strangely, moving the book bag out the way. Her mouth dropped and she quickly sprinted to the middle of the hallway, tying a ponytail holder around her curls. Before she could step any closer, I grabbed her hand while she desperately tried to break away from the hold. "This what we doing now, we going out with each other's exes" , from standing behind her I could feel how heavy she was breathing.

      Ronnie laughed bitterly , while the fucker next to her rubbed on her ass. She thought it was cute but from the looks of her peers they weren't too pleased. "We not friends anymore so what loyalty do I owe you"

      "No matter how bad shit got between us, I would never do no grimey shit like this." Natalie responded, jerking her arm away from me, she took a few steps closer. I stood in the back nervous for Ronnie because the girl couldn't fight to save her life. "You think you gone get treated better? You think he's a prize? Do you remember the way he did me earlier this year?"

      Samuel stepped up. "You just a bitter bitch"

    "Did you just call me a -"

      Before she could get the word out, I punched him in the face. He fell to the ground, holding his eye in shock. After looking around for a quick moment, he quickly got back up seeing all his classmates giving him the side-eye. Pulling up his pants, he lunged at me and we tussling on the ground for a hot minute. Ronnie tried to break up the fight but Natalie lunged at her, starting another altercation in the middle of the hallway. My punches got more severe as seconds passed, the blood leaking from his face didn't concern me, it was more so encouragement.

     "BREAK IT UP, MOVE TO CLASS" , the security yelled down the hallways, rushing in the mist to breakup the fight. One pulled me away and another one had him pent up against the locker, calming him down. "Are you aware how many days of suspension this could cost you or you getting expelled" the lady asked me, putting handcuffs around my arms to keep me still. "I'll take this off when we get to the principles office"

     Looking down at the white floors, specs of dark red circles occupied it, messing up the colors. Apart of me felt accomplished, for giving him the ass whooping he deserved for treating Natalie like that in past or maybe the pent up anger I've been for the past months, it could be a little of both. Either way I didn't mind, most of the work given was on the computer anyways. The only downside to all this is that I'll never hear the end of this my dad or my mother for that matter. Instead of enjoying this extra break, I'll be stuck doing chores, making runs for them, anything to put me in complete misery.

The security guard opened the office door, the principle could already be heard on the phone with my father. The loud noises coming through the phone was obviously dad having a heart attack on the other end. The cop took the cuffs from around my arms, I sat in front of the principle facing him while he's on the phone. After a minute or two the call ended and he gave me his full attention. "Your father is on the way to have a contract and sign these suspension papers"

    I nodded. "What made you think it was okay to cause a disruption like that in my school building"

      "I'm not a fan of disrespect, especially towards women. I didn't want for it to go that far but I'm sure you've seen Samuel and how much of an asshole that boy really is" , the guard in the background cleared his throat agreeing with my statement, the principle seemed to be understanding but I'll never know. "So how many days am I getting"

      He looked shocked at how I asked for the amount so quickly. "You don't wanna vouch for yourself"

         Shaking my head, I chuckled in annoyance. "I told you what happened, I'm not finna beg and plead for you to still give me the same amount of days." I admitted in all honestly, I wasn't planning to be a smart ass but I wasn't about to kiss his ass to end up with the same result.

In the same breath, my dad rushed through the double doors, cursing wildly on the phone. From his tone of irritation, I caught wind that maybe it was my mother on the other side of the phone. He sat down in the black office chair next to me, scooting up to the desk. Hanging up the phone, he gave me a cold stare, daring me to say something but held up his hand for me to shut up. "What's the punishment"

The principle cleared his throat, fixing the posture in his seat. He rubbed his head that had many lacks of hair on the top. "His punishment is only two days, granted he's a good kid and rarely gets in trouble. I might not even hold this suspension against him or better yet just have him in detention. I'll come to my decision once I hear the other side of the story."

"Do you have any witnesses"

I nodded. "The whole junior class" I laughed flashing back how everyone was missing class to see the end result. "The teachers saw the fight to"

I understood he was just asking protocol questions but I wasn't a problematic child. I was more so concerned about the aftermath, how I was gonna survive behind closed doors. "I don't know why your laughing like shit is funny" my dad scolded me , trying his best to not spazz in front of my principle.